Balance beads

-

lowbudget

Mopar Man
Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything like this? http://checkeredflagtirebalancebeads.com/ I have been looking it up on the net and either it's great or it's snake oil. What do you think? There are different brands, types and sizes. From air soft ammo to BB's for the DIYer. I was think of using my bubble balancer and throwing some beads in a new set of tires for my beater.

I dunno but none of these products seem to be compatible with regular passenger car tires: "For use with Semi Trucks, Motorhomes, Trailers, Motorcycles, SUV Trucks and more." They usually only show 1/2 ton and larger truck sizes, or motorcycle tires as being compatible with the product.

I really doubt if this type of product works. It's really illogical. Plus, some of the claims, and verbiage in the advertising are very questionable, such as: "Pour in our product and you will have a perfect, non-exhaustive, equilibrating flow." "you will gain an equilibrated smooth ride" "Using tire balance beads, place less stress on suspension, drivers nerves, can increase fuel mileage"

They have a chart for classic cars. They list a 185 70 14 then a 205 75 14. I was wondering about a 195 75 14 so I e-mailed them about it as per the website. I got a reply that said what car is it so I told them 1977 Dodge Aspen. They said it might not be heavy enough. So I e-mailed them back and said according to your chart, which says nothing about vehicle weight. I can run them in my Fifth Avenue with 225 75 15's but not in my Aspen when both cars weigh roughly the same. I then replied, I don't really understand the science behind this but my 4000 lb car is to light, yet you want me to run them in my 1000 lb bike? I doubt I will get a reply but this bead thing has killed a few hours at work.

I use them in my mud truck and they seem to work, but I was told by my tire guy that there only for large tires, 36" or taller

tried them in my hoosiers, was less than impressed, have a bunch left over I will sell cheap if you want to try it

I've used the dyna beads in all my motorcycle and they're smooth over 100mph. Never tried in a car tire though.
Jon

thought i would bump this as i am curious if these are worth trying as well.
anyone else got any experience?

Back in the 70's my Uncle had them on his Oldsmobile.He did alot of traveling and swears by them. I didn't know that they were still around.

We in stall them in large truck tires at work, like mentioned above id only use them in tires 35" or larger or large truck tires such as 19.5 and 22.5 trucks tires and larger, other then that id have them machine balanced

-
Back