Balancer

-

MassDart

Lifelong Dart fan
Reaction score
Can I use the stock 5.9 front balancer with my LA pulleys, or do I need to buy the aftermarket balancer for correct spacing?

Thanks

If you have the early 2 piece magnum balancer, then yes, the LA pulleys just bolt on- depending on the year of the pulleys, one hole may need to be elongated.
If you have the later 1 piece balancer/pulley, you'll need to swap to the early Magnum balancer.

If you have the early 2 piece magnum balancer, then yes, the LA pulleys just bolt on- depending on the year of the pulleys, one hole may need to be elongated.
If you have the later 1 piece balancer/pulley, you'll need to swap to the early Magnum balancer.

Thanks! The one I have is the one piece. I'll source the correct one. Thanks for the info.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying. When you say 2 piece balancer is this what you mean?

20220615_165900-X3.jpg

20220615_165905-XL.jpg

This is the one I currently have.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying. When you say 2 piece balancer is this what you mean?

View attachment 1715942785

View attachment 1715942786

This is the one I currently have.
Yes, that's what I meant- the early ones had separate balancers and pullies, later ones were a single piece.
upload_2022-6-16_10-58-8.jpeg

Your LA pullies should bolt on, depending on their original year they may need 1 hole elongated, no biggie- just takes a minute or two with a rat-tail file.

-
Back