Baldwin Motion Story

-

Vicsgarage

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Figure this should interest a few. I did a 2 part video on the history of Baldwin Motion.

Part 1 covers the history of Joel Rosen and Martin Shore.

The History of Baldwin Motion (Part 1)

2 gets into the cars.

The Baldwin Motion Story (Part 2)

I grew up a few towns over and would walk past the shop on the Hwy. every once in a while. It was always very cool seeing various cars up on the lift and the hoist with an engine on it being taken out or swung in. Tune up time was great. Quick test runs were awesome. Nothing like that roar coming from the bays.

While “Motion” is now gone, It’s still a car shop the last time I went by. Though it’s been a number of years since I’ve been in state, I have no idea what’s there now. For sure, that was a place of interest to me when I was young. I loved walking last there.

Everyone knew about Baldiwn Motion and everyone knew they could get it done for you.

PS. Pronounce Islip as “Eye - Slip.”

Last edited:
You better have had something with big balls to jump on a Baldwin car.

Having had a few V8 Vega's, I always dreamed of having a Baldwin Motion Super Vega.

lol yeah I've been corrected on my pronunciation a few times!
Yea, that’s OK. It’s just the way us “Islanders” say it.
Truly no harm and no foul. Good video though. I like it a lot.

I knew Mr. Rosen’s (or one of his?) son(s) Shawn for a short time when he dated my wife’s best friend Sue in high school. An excellent young fella, quiet but not afraid to speak, east going and most polite. He was a pretty big kid in my eyes. One day joking around with him, he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and spun me around in circles until I cried uncle. He did this with ease. And I mean to tell you he whipped me around! Holy cats! I got dizzy in a second and nearly threw up lunch in 3.

Though the time I knew him was very short, he was just fine by me. If he’s a chip off the old block, I’m sure his dad was pretty darn OK as well.

I do miss walking past the shop in those days before I could drive. Always an awesome site seeing those cars all over. All sorts of makes and models were there. Certainly not just a Chevy shop!

The old joke was they would pass anything and everything except the gas station!

LMAO!!!!

-
Back