Ban the new Dodge Demon...

-
Thanks ABJ,
It's interesting stuff, the latest rules and all, I just thought that in the past the HP ratings and specs were underrated ex. 365/370 hp/tq ratings REALLY were 385/385 ...(in past I mean our vintage vehicles)..see what I'm saying? So since in the past they skewed numbers, (although I'm not sure why) and they knew the rules.....why not just make the car go slower than 9.99? Zee whatem zayin?

This is nothing new. When dodge/ Plymouth came out with something fast they make up new rules to slow them down.

Nobody is keeping the new Demon down. It doesn't fit the NHRA rules in stock trim and therefore can't run until the required equipment is installed. Same for NASCAR, the engine must meet the technical requirements or it isn't allowed. Just because it's badass fast doesn't mean it gets to run at whatever sanctioned event it wants out of the box.

BTW, Dodge knew that it wouldn't get past the NHRA in stock trim and built the car to accept the required equipment to make it legal.

I think it should be banned for the name...."Demon" That's evil stuff right there

You know, they build a car that is more powerful than the last model and more powerful than the competition. Of course they are going to test it on the track and when it goes too fast for the rules, they can use that as advertising. Free! When the word got out that it was too fast for NHRA in it's present form, media exploded. Even the Ford and Chevy guys were talking about it!

I'm surprised that Automotive News wrote that.... They are far from liberal.
And by the way.... It was the staunch conservative that looked down his nose at muscle cars , street rods and the original Demon name plate because it was promoting the devil.... Hippies were driving 340 Notchback Barracudas with Mod-tops and Sassy Grass green Hemi Challengers.
( I will sit back and wait for the ensuing rage...lol)

We should be more concerned about the impending doom from Blindspot sensors going bad and old farts changing lanes into other cars because they have been trained out of looking over their shoulder. IT WILL HAPPEN !

I commute, and can attest that people are just as dangerous in a Prius as they are in an 800 + HP Mopar :)

I commute, and can attest that people are just as dangerous in a Prius as they are in an 800 + HP Mopar :)

probably more dangerous, because the mopar driver will have two hands on the steering wheel, while the prius driver will only have one hand on the wheel (hes using the other one to pat himself on the back for driving a prius)

They will probably have another 1 dollar option, an NHRA approved, roll bar.

I might just sell the Hellcat and get me one! Really. One of the last vestiges of American muscle! (or Italian:lol: muscle)

I might just sell the Hellcat and get me one! Really. One of the last vestiges of American muscle! (or Italian:lol: muscle)
all true Americans have a European heritage anyway....i wonder if they ship the demon through ellis island?

-
Back