Band gear-hauler...

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't be thinking about this, but...

I play bass in a cover band. This means I have a decent amount of gear to drag to gigs, and it doesn't fit conveniently in my Wrangler, nor is it fun to load in the Wrangler. I noticed a late-'70s or '80s Cadillac Hearse for sale not far from home. $2,000. Looks to be in great shape. That would make an excellent gear-hauler. :)

I'm trying to find reasons not to go look at it, but not coming up with any.

If it's got an 8-6-4 I'll run the other way and not look back. :)

I liked using a very small tailor, when you get home it is in the trailor and locked up with out unloading each trip.
But I hauled my drum kit and Bass, amp and sound equipment.

You want it...just go get it. It'll be a great ride for gigs, and a big hit at the Halloween gig!! From one bass player to another...you know you want it!!! Geof

As a drummer with WAY too much gear who once used a station wagon as a gig car... Avoid it. It sucks pulling stuff in when its that deep inside. get a trailer.

just my opinion. NOW, post up some vids... let us see you jam

What's the name of your band? I'm in Decatur, just wondering if I've heard of you. Thanks in advance.

Vids aren't worth posting. :) We're a mediocre-at-best cover band. Musically, we're decent...Our vocalist is very sub-par, though. If you really want I can try to cherry-pick some of the better ones, but eh...I stopped videoing our shows several months ago cause I don't think our vocalist is ever going to improve beyond where he's at now.

65LoveAffair: Stone-Faced. Probably haven't heard of us. :) We haven't played in Decatur yet.

Also, yeah, a hearse would be a novelty but not much else...I could see how it would be annoying to load stuff in/out...And bass cabs weigh more than drums. :(

My Jetta Rules for Gigs. Just fold down the rear seats and you can fit two Hartke 4 x 10's with room for 2 basses in front of them. Amp heads on passenger seat/floor.

I now use Avatar Neodymium Cab's. They are light enough to carry with one hand.

Your already a Jeep guy, buy a Cherokee. Back seat folds down, the 4.0 is bullet proof and the four wheel drive helps out in bad weather. My son is a drummer and used to gig out of one early in his career. Now he uses his Camry!!

-
Back