Barn Find 68 GTS

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to the Derelict Donuts Coffee N Cars in Huntington Beach on Saturday. 68 Dart GTS drove in. Turns out the owner just acquired it. Barn find 68 big block car. Former race car. Owner got all the original parts with the car. Only body mods were the inner fender for the headers and minitubs. Looks like its going to need quarters. Also, it appears to be a vinyl top car. Original dark green car. Unfortunately the car didnt come with the back seat. Owner plans to restore it.

Barn Find GTS.jpg

GTS Barn Find Motor.jpg

I suggested that
I have Exactly the same car. There was a build sheet on top of the glove box.. It was a little eaten. So I have 2. I have a beautiful one from under the seat.
My build thread is under my signature

I have Exactly the same car. There was a build sheet on top of the glove box.. It was a little eaten. So I have 2. I have a beautiful one from under the seat.
My build thread is under my signature

Yes, the paint is GG1

Well missing back seat in a dart isnt too hard to get a replacement, inner fenders made by AMD. He got the pulled off parts with it, shouldent be too hard to unfuck it.

At least nobody hacked up the *** end with aluminum tubs, pop rivets n silicone, then added a rollbar

Speaker shelf for the build sheet too. Ya it would be nice to have but at least he has the fender tag.

I'd have a hard time changing anything! That thing is BAD ***!!!!!!

If you got the vin and fender tag, couldent you have a copy of the broadcast sheet made?

Well missing back seat in a dart isnt too hard to get a replacement, inner fenders made by AMD. He got the pulled off parts with it, shouldent be too hard to unfuck it.

At least nobody hacked up the *** end with aluminum tubs, pop rivets n silicone, then added a rollbar

No it's not bad. He got the original air cleaner and the manifolds. Back seat emblems will be hard to find. The door panel emblems were there. Overall the stainless looked great. It had an almost perfect finish panel as well as wheel well trim.

love that place. Gotta get up preeety freeking early for that get together or your parking across the street at Liquor Warehouse. That's where a bonehead was sure my STR-12'd 340 was a Chevy motor.

BORING!

restoring them to stock kills all the history in it..
Only cool and agree if the car had a racing pedigree behind it some big time racer who ran it. otherwise it was just run by some ricky racer weekender wannabe back when these things were a dime a dozen on the used car lot. Not worth spit to keep it that way IMHO. A few years from now if i can actually get my 67 done, i will be starting on unfucking a local ricky racer wannabe 69 barracuda. Built in the early 80s with hacked in aluminum minitubs with gobs of silicone and pop rivets, and rear seat bracing and center console brackets chopped out with an effing sawsall . Big goofy tasmanian devils painted on the side but thankfully faded. **** like that you can have it. Seen that hacked up M code fastback that jimharvard is pain stakingly putting back together. So chopped up AMD requested a donor car to piece the *** end back together. Hack up a slanty for **** like that. The rare ones need to be restored.

Last edited:
BORING!

restoring them to stock kills all the history in it..
Went to the Derelict Donuts Coffee N Cars in Huntington Beach on Saturday. 68 Dart GTS drove in. Turns out the owner just acquired it. Barn find 68 big block car. Former race car. Owner got all the original parts with the car. Only body mods were the inner fender for the headers and minitubs. Looks like its going to need quarters. Also, it appears to be a vinyl top car. Original dark green car. Unfortunately the car didnt come with the back seat. Owner plans to restore it.

View attachment 1715098875

View attachment 1715098876

I swear I've seen that car for sale at spring and/or fall fling. Or one very similar.

Cool find.
I would clean it up and drive it as is until i got the parts together for a resto.
Looks like it's pretty rust free to boot............

love that place. Gotta get up preeety freeking early for that get together or your parking across the street at Liquor Warehouse. That's where a bonehead was sure my STR-12'd 340 was a Chevy motor.

Yeah, I got there a little before 5am and there was 25 cars already there. One guy got there at 3:30am. Have to be real hard core guy to do that weekly. Got to talk with one of the original guys that got it all started back in 85.

Kinda snobby too, I showed up and parked as the lot was pretty full already. Guy came over and looked at me not my car with a wtf look on his face like he was the promoter and was taking someone's spot. I just smiled, popped the hood and walked to the donut shop. There were 2 Mopars there that day and I had a few gawkers looking and murmuring when I got back, and one was telling his pal that was a 327 with a cross ram. I let it go until they realized it was my car then I set them straight but grandpa wasn't buying it. Whatever dude, look at the timing cover.....

Kinda snobby too, I showed up and parked as the lot was pretty full already. Guy came over and looked at me not my car with a wtf look on his face like he was the promoter and was taking someone's spot. I just smiled, popped the hood and walked to the donut shop. There were 2 Mopars there that day and I had a few gawkers looking and murmuring when I got back, and one was telling his pal that was a 327 with a cross ram. I let it go until they realized it was my car then I set them straight but grandpa wasn't buying it. Whatever dude, look at the timing cover.....

I didn't get that at all. Everyone of the car owners I interacted with were friendly and willing to talk.

This was 10 years ago. May have lightened up a bit. Was there a Mint 57 Chevy rolling on 22's with a real Hillborn injection setup up near Larry's Liquor? Let me know when your going again and Ill come check it out.

-
Back