Barn find 72 340 duster

-

va58

Restoration Jedi
Reaction score
Barn find 1972 340 duster, tx9 black car, white int. 4 sp. sure grip, fender tag and very clean broadcast sheet. Matching numbers motor and trans. Car damaged years ago and owner put a 1970 clip on the front, then painted the body and painted on the stripes. Very complete, missing correct rad, and clutch fan, and a few other pieces. You just don't find them like this anymore! This car will receive a full resto. View attachment 2011-08-09_19-17-36_350 (800x450).jpg

View attachment 2011-08-09_19-17-48_78 (800x450).jpg

View attachment 2011-08-09_19-18-27_742 (800x450).jpg

View attachment 1312931941389 (408x230).jpg

Very nice!! will you be doing most of the resto? its not hard to spend way more than its worth sadly.

Yep, quiet a bit of it will be done by myself. I have done many cars over the past thirty years, placing third in the b-body class for a hemi charger at the nats in 91. I haven't done one in many years and never an a-body, all b and e bodies but this one, color combo, 4 sp, chrome tips, rallyes, matching numbers this one in my opinion will be a stunning car when complete. Never fool yourself gents, I learned a long time ago this is a labor of love and if you are very lucky with the right car you may get most of the money back on the parts. but we don't do it for that, We do it because we are not chevy guys or ford guys. The cars we love are the rarest of the rare, when was the last time you saw one like this that the fender tag said this is the way it rolled off the assembly line?

That car was on e-bay a few times IIRC.

Neat car with color and 340 set up

Yep, live close to the guy who pulled it out of carolina to turn the car for a buck...

I was not the high bidder on the car, just the guy who showed up at the door when the high bidder never paid for the car.

I would kill for a car in this shape to fix up, my 70 is pretty much half gone. Get this mother going and keep us updated!

Your right. We do this because these cars are rare. look at the 1965 Barracuda Formula S I have. Ther were 5400 made. How many are around today. You can find a ford or chevy but you don't see many Chrysler products around. Congrats on a great find.
I have moved to Kernersville,NC and found a Mopar restoration shop about 5 miles away. He's more into RR and racing but can still be helpful when I need help.

-
Back