Barn find 72 340 duster

-
Well i must apologized to everyone on this thread. My work schedule increases during the summer into the fall time frame, but this time it has been brutal. I work for a very large defense contractor and we have been 7 days a week. Take one single guy and add Grass, laundry, sleep etc. and hopefully you will understand that I have very little time to progress the Duster forward. Now that being said I have done a few small things and will post some pictures so if this work schedule will slow down I can get going..

One of the last things that I did get accomplished was to get all of the sheet metal fitted and adjusted.

Attachments

• holes on floorpan 003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 498
  • holes on floorpan 005.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 475
  • holes on floorpan 006.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 487
This car has been tapped in the rear in its life and taken a hard hit in the front. Had lots of problems with the driver's side trunk drop and quarter panel alinement. I have the rear in total mock-up with the rear bumper in place to get the fit of both drops and the quarter panel edges. I don't think car was hit by a freight train but that tap in rear and the rust in the tail panel was too many hours of fitment work.

Looked though my picture file and realized I had none of the final pictures of the mock-up. Sooo, I got my camera out to look and see if they were on there and WTF!
My daughter took my camera and instead of replacing the SD card she just deleted the few pics I had and practiced her photography skills!:banghead:
If if haden't been for a selfie, she could denie any involvement..

Teenagers.......

How's the progress on your build? Or are you still stuck into too much work? I know that feeling!

I just looked thru some pictures from last year when we were talking around dmoores Duster. Really inspireing talking to two so dedicated Mopar guys. Let me know if I can help you out in some way.

Metal work looks great! Hope things slow down enough you can come back to this !

Hey Ulf! Happy New year to ya! Tim had surgery the 16th of December to remove a cancerous kidney....everything went well and it appears there are no other area's at present time. As you can imagine work on the Duster has taken a back seat due to this health issue.....He is feeling stronger every day now and it won't be long before he will be back on track and making progress. Hope everything is well with you and your family on that side of the pond and wish you a Mopar filled 2015! :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:

VA back when you polished the tail light lenses. What kind of polishing compound did you use. One made for plastic or regular compound?

Any good wax you like but must be "Cleaner" wax. Has to have that grit to cut the haze out of the lens.

I use Novus #2....find it at any Harley store with red label....Novus #1, blue label works good on your bike windshields, instrument cluster plastic face....gives it a great static free surface and keeps the clarity great.....

Tim! Sorry to hear what you are going through but glad that the surgery vent fine for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

thanks Ulf. A little better everyday but still moving slow. Next scan is in June. If no Cancer is found ,maybe a few more years left in this old man..lol...

thanks Ulf. A little better everyday but still moving slow. Next scan is in June. If no Cancer is found ,maybe a few more years left in this old man..lol...

I will cross my fingers for you Tim! Anyway great to hear that you are getting better.

Wow, The whole cancer thing really sucks. I wish you a fast and speedy recovery. I wish you All the best Tim.

Wow, The whole cancer thing really sucks. I wish you a fast and speedy recovery. I wish you All the best Tim.

Thanks, little better every day. Was searching for a few parts today on computer. A sure sign I am grinning through the surgery pain..

Hey everybody, semi new to the thread scene but I've been a Mopar fan since I was little wanted to let everybody know I'm hijacking this thread and starting a new one as I have just purchased these vehicles from the gentleman who started the thread.. I will do my best to take pictures and update you guys on it, I do have the skill and the ability to put these cars back on the road and with the help from you guys here in the thread who know the things that I may not I look forward to this opportunity! With that said, need to set a rally wheels, not sure what happened to them but that was the only thing that didn't come with the car when I got it so far as I can tell... Still, very grateful to Tim for the opportunity to take over where he left off and put this (possibly one of one color code car) back on the road!

-
Back