Barracuda and chrome reverse?

-

chadf

Reaction score
Anyone running chrome reverse wheels in their 67-69 barracuda's ? I have a sick obsession with those old school wheels but never see them on the barracuda's

Yes, I have .....only because I like the offset and they are a bit wider. I have a few sets of 5X4 inch bolt pattern. Some of the wheels the chrome was crap so I sprayed them black and run the full hub caps. They 14" rims that I have, only issue is that 14" tires with any width to them are a tough find! I grab these wheels whenever I can.

We were talking on another thread about the good old days. Well in the good old days, there wasn't the choice of wheels we have today. Pretty much you ran Chrome reverse and some guys ran them with baby moons. After all who could afford Hillebrand magnesium wheels?

We were talking on another thread about the good old days. Well in the good old days, there wasn't the choice of wheels we have today. Pretty much you ran Chrome reverse and some guys ran them with baby moons. After all who could afford Hillebrand magnesium wheels?
I seem to put chrome reverse on all my cars but never actually seen a barracuda with them on it.. i was born in the wrong era i guess lol
Heres my 65 Coronet with chrome reverse on it with the baby moon's..they are such a clean looking wheel in my opinion

IMG_20150522_164646.jpg

IMG_20150808_115030.jpg

I had mine sandblasted
and painted body color
for my 63 dart
chrome was crap
just for the back
14x7 4 inch bolt pattern

PART_1475423942857_.IMG_20161002_115847.jpg

I would love to have a set for my 65 barracuda. I think they would look awesome

Anyone running chrome reverse wheels in their 67-69 barracuda's ? I have a sick obsession with those old school wheels but never see them on the barracuda's
Just couple weeks ago I bought a set of chrome reverse for my 67 barracuda (rear wheels 15x7) primarily for the custom backspacing - 4-5/8" when I picked them up the guy had them on 68 barracuda with a 67 B body 8-3/4 rear end. Exact combination I had - what are the chances of that.

Fit perfect I had 225/70/15 tires mounted as that is what I had. Can go wider and will keep my eyes open but on budget so these will have to do for now.

Have same size tire on front with torque thrust rimes and 3" backspacing. May have interference once I put my engine in. Am planing to have to go to 205/60 or something of that nature. I will wait until complete so that I do not buy too many wheels and tires. I will keep my eye out for chrome reverse for front also.
Like the looks so far.

Just couple weeks ago I bought a set of chrome reverse for my 67 barracuda (rear wheels 15x7) primarily for the custom backspacing - 4-5/8" when I picked them up the guy had them on 68 barracuda with a 67 B body 8-3/4 rear end. Exact combination I had - what are the chances of that.

Fit perfect I had 225/70/15 tires mounted as that is what I had. Can go wider and will keep my eyes open but on budget so these will have to do for now.

Have same size tire on front with torque thrust rimes and 3" backspacing. May have interference once I put my engine in. Am planing to have to go to 205/60 or something of that nature. I will wait until complete so that I do not buy too many wheels and tires. I will keep my eye out for chrome reverse for front also.
Like the looks so far.
barracuda sees daylight March 2017 3.jpg

I have 3 of the 14 x 6 , small bolt chrome reverse that I could be talked into selling for the right amount. PM me , first come first served.. All are rusty...

Frank in Indiana

I never knew what those wheels were called until yesterday. I had a vibration from one and had it checked out. Bent rim, so while talking to the tire guy he mention reverse chrome. I checked ebay and found one right away.
Here is how they look on my '67.

wheels.jpg

Not a Barracuda but the wheels are correct on my old Dart in mid 70's !!!

Scan_Pic0005.jpg

Scan_Pic0006.jpg

I just bought this 69' that has what I believe are 14x6 chrome reverse wheels that were painted black by the previous owner because they got rusty. The original caps were put on as well.

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

-
Back