Barracuda dash in Dart

-

duster360

Reaction score
I saw a 67 Barracuda dash in a 67 Dart. I always liked the round gauges the Barracudas have. It's obvious the dashes are the same size but are there any differences in the way they mount. Anything to watch for should I decide to do the swap?

You may need the dash harness, as you probably know the metal dash frames are different.

Alan

Am doing a 66 Barracuda dash swap in my 65 Dart. I do not need the 66’s harness as I’m doing a Dakota Digital conversion. You do need the dash metal frame. Chances are close to 100% you’ll need the dash harness too.

You may need the dash harness, as you probably know the metal dash frames are different.

Alan
Most likely I will need the barracuda dash harness. I know the frames are different where the gauges mount. Wonder if the lower mounts are the same?

Last edited:
Most likely I will need the barracuda dash harness. I know the frames are different where the gauge amount. Wonder if the lower mounts are the same?
I can almost guarantee that all the mounts will be the same.
The harness may be able to be made to work, All the components are in the same basic area. The Dart uses the same circular connector, the barracuda just has taps/jumpers for the other board, you might be able to just get that pigtail from another harness.

Alan

I think if I go forward with this, I will get a complete dash with everything in it. That way I will have all bases covered.

Been there, done that. Dash frame, all gauges, all wiring must be interchanged. Don't forget, in 1970 they went to the ralley instruments. Wiring for the tail lights and engine remain the same.

Been there, done that. Dash frame, all gauges, all wiring must be interchanged. Don't forget, in 1970 they went to the ralley instruments. Wiring for the tail lights and engine remain the same.
I did forget about that. Thanks for the reminder.

I put a 66 Barracuda gauge cluster in a 65 Dart. I used aftermarket gauges so I didn't have to worry about wire harness.

101_1791.JPG

-
Back