Barracuda FB Rear Quarter Glass Sticks

-

chrysler2018retiree

Reaction score
Dear FABO - have a 68 FB, the rear quarter glass will go down but often stick on way back up, the only way I have closed is by using a lot of force (probably too much, so I just leave the glass in the up position)

My question - - does anyone know the process to remove the interior rear trim in order to get access to the window regulator mechanism?

Thanks

Remove the window winder and arm rest if your car has them. (Rear arm rests not standard on 68 cudas but part of the Deluxe interior) There are clips at the bottom of the panel. You can get a stiff putty knife under the panel and carefully pry the panel away from the steel frame. Be gentle! The panel backing material is fragile and it's easy to ruin the clip holes in them. The upper edge of the panel then slides out from under the shiny stainless trim at the top.

The old lithium grease hardens up after 50 years. Clean and re lube. Avoid removing the mechanism unless you like solving Rubik's Cube.

I just had our 67 apart, while replacing rear harness. The interior panels like mentioned get VERY brittle. Lube the heck outta everything once panel is off.
A trick I did when re-installing panels, get rid of the metal clips and use velcro. With our 67 FB it has deluxe interior so the arm rest base with the 2 large Phillip's screws hold the panel in place. Velcro helps to secure it and is more than enough in my opinion. I used this trick on front door panels as well as the carpet around console.

20220419_132936.jpg

20220528_070211.jpg

20220527_231225.jpg

If you do not have a service manual then get one! Maybe @ Mymopar.com.

There are many areas that need White lithium lube!!!! Never mind the fact that, they may need a total rebuild.

Unless severe wear is there you can likely save them. The rollers over time with leaky seals will deteriorate!

-
Back