Barracuda interior parts

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a 68 fastback Barracuda parts car that has lived out its usefulness. Before I send it to the recycler, I was wondering if there were any interior parts I should save. The interior is mostly gone, but there are a couple good panels behind the back seat and trim pieces that are still good. I have no idea if this stuff is something to be saved or if everyone has that kind of stuff.

As far as I can tell it was a 318 automatic car. It was a console car but that's long gone, the sport dash is there but yellowed.

If this stuff isn't worth anything then I won't worry about pulling it out. But if it has value then I'll take the time to salvage it. Read that as I'm not ready to sell parts, just getting my ducks in a row. By the way, any reason to save a 318 K frame?

Thanks everyone.

Almost every single piece of that car is worth money!! I bought a 67 Barracuda Fastback for $700, it was missing the engine and trans as well as the whole front suspension. The interior was mostly stripped. I made over $3500 on all the parts and pieces that I pulled off that car. I could have sold the hood is it hadn't cost so much to ship. Front rails and back rails, floor sections and trans subframe, inner fenders, doors, window crank mechanisms, rear floors, shock mount studs, dash, cowl sheet metal, door pillar, K-frame, etc, etc, etc. People are always looking for all those parts. I had so many requests I had to make a small catalog to keep track of who asked for the parts "first" so that other FABO member wouldn't get mad at me. I wish I had 10 of those carcasses!!! There will be a fight over the stainless!! I did have to buy a few spot weld drills/tools at HF, but that was only about 20 bucks in total!!

Did I convince you???

I bet you could sell what’s left as a parts car for good money without any work.

Show pix of it. You could drill it apart and sell almost every piece off it. If you know how to do this, it will take you a few weekends. I bought this 69 coupe *** end for $450 for some important structural steel I needed to repair my sons 69 coupe, I drilled the rest apart, and am at $1200 that I made off it, no parts left, I sold it all, scrapped only little pieces. Sold the wheel houses off it, unfortunately no pix of those. Last 2 pix are what I needed to keep from it because of rust and a hacked in mini tub mod.

20200830_114729.jpg

20200906_181219.jpg

20200919_165555.jpg

20200926_123307.jpg

20200905_195423.jpg

20200907_125701.jpg

20200907_125711.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back