Barracuda treasure hunt

-

JDMopar

Reaction score
C9B91727-8504-4154-B412-C8DE3501A4AC.jpeg
I don’t have a trunk key to the 65 Barracuda I bought a few years ago, so I finally decided to get the trunk open tonight. I tried every way in the world to trip the latches from the inside with every kind of tool I had, and had no success. I figured WTH....Home Depot is a mile away and has any kind of plywood I need to fix a new divider! So out came the hole saw and sawzall! I drilled under the latch so I could hopefully trip them and the panel would drop open. Tripped both latches.....panel wouldn’t budge! Looked thru the holes, and saw some kind of aluminum pipes. I carefully sawed it open with the sawzall, and this is what I found! Meh.....it’s a little better than the 5’ black snake I found in a 69 Charger R/T one time. Found a bunch of other stuff too, but the long rams were the big surprise. Don’t know if I’ll sell em, or mock up a big block and throw em on and let it sit in the garage for the “OOOOO & AHHHH” effect...lol.

I'd be the most excited about the 1969 turbine wheel covers, those are cool!!

Thanks Rani. They are Plymouth wheel covers, and weigh about 10 lbs. a piece....lol. 3 have curb rash, and 1 is nice. I also found an Edelbrock DP4B, 2 early A bottle cap hubcaps, 2 extra black arm rest pads, a pack of drywall sandpaper, a new set of plug wires for a 5.2 or 5.9 Magnum, 2 or 3 windshield washer fluid jugs from FMJ bodies, the original jack, some chinkenese tools, a clean trunk floor, and nice bottom side of the deck lid.

Sure beats the French fries from 1980, 27 cents, dry rotted condom in the wrapper, and earring i found under the back seat of my demon.

Put a price on that sandpaper.....Sell the long rams for $$$, you'll never use them.

Dang Jackie ! ! ! Bring that long ram to SC with you. When you boost that 360 block out of my truck at the beach next summer, just leave that in its place and we'll call it even. Hell, I might even bring my small block six pack intake with it......

I said the same thing when I got a piece of sawdust in my eye from cutting it open........and then again when I figured out what it was.....and yet AGAIN when I was dragging the 2nd side of the long rams out, and the Edelbrock DP4B came with it! LOL
You need to play the lottery, might be your month.

Jackpot! That beats the 300 aluminum beer cans I found in the trunk of the $100. 1958 Impala I bought when I was in high school.

-
Back