Barracuda type s trunk lens???

-

Rustmaddy36

Reaction score
Looking online for any pictures or evidence of a full length red lens on the trunk lid but cant even find a picture coming to conclusion that my neighbor has the only one and must be the most ultra rare car ive ever had the pleasure of seeing up close this barracuda is so elegant still why cant i find even a picture of another one?

What year?
Not aware of anything on a 67 or 69. If it's a 68, there was an option for a reflective red sticker between the trunk moldings but no lens/light to my knowledge.

th?id=OIP.jpg

If it's on the trunk lid it's not a Barracuda. If you're referring to the horizontal middle section of the vertical edge of the deck lid it's paint or reflective tape

1968-plymouth-barracuda-convertible.jpg

Last edited:
On a 69, the trunk panel covers the entire surface. It has two red lines that visually connect the taillights, but they are painted stripes, not lenses. The difference between a Formula S and a standard 69 tail panel is the standard is argent and the S is black. The red stripes are the same for both. This photo shows a standard 69 tail panel.
PICT0046.jpg

On a 69, the trunk panel covers the entire surface. It has two red lines that visually connect the taillights, but they are painted stripes, not lenses. The difference between a Formula S and a standard 69 tail panel is the standard is argent and the S is black. The red stripes are the same for both. This photo shows a standard 69 tail panel.
View attachment 1715730688

Agree,

One of the first wrap around looks, so prevalent in todays Mopars. Lots of folks get the color wrong on the 69 Tail. It is very close to the plastic tail light lens and not so orange looking.

IMG_1337.JPG

Last edited:
Didn't some folks adapt (or trying to) the '15 Dart (or similar) tails to the '69 tail panel?

Interesting, I have a 2015 Dart tow car for the Motor Home with the race wrap option. Need to make some measurements to see if it is viable.

So with some measurements on a 2015 dart.

This will only work with two upper pieces. The lower piece is to curved. Even then, the upper comes up to short for reality IMO.

Could this be done? likely but the effort is not worth it IMO!

OP is MIA:
Rustmaddy36 was last seen: Thursday at 1:46 PM

Years back when I bought my first Barracuda 67 notch car, I put red reflective tape across the finish panel on the deck lid. At the time, I thought it looked great. I've owned at least a half a dozen or more 67 to 69 Barracudas, both notch & fast back cars. My first 67 was the only one I put the reflective tape on, I guess it was just a phase I went through.

-
Back