Barrett Jackson - 1970 Dart Swinger

-
It's Barrett-Jackson.Foolish people with buckets of money.Not a place for a everyday Joe.
I was there when a guy sold 53 cars out of his collection,then buy a 6 million dollar Cobra and proceeded to give it away. But if I had that kind a money I would squander it too.Maybe.

Wow, that’s less than I thought it would sell for, that’s a low mileage survivor, probably the best example of a 70 Swinger 340, and its FM3....did it actually sell for that price?

Checking out the Barrett Jackson auction on TV yesterday. They sold this pink 70 Swinger. I was kind of shocked that this car went for $59,000. My friend can't get near that number with an original, restored, big block, 4-speed GTS.

1970 DODGE DART SWINGER - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions

The differences in your friends car and this is that his is restored, this is original , its pink and it belonged to Tim Welbourne. Me, I'm all about the Big Block 4-Speed GTS!!

It's Barrett-Jackson.Foolish people with buckets of money.Not a place for a everyday Joe.
I was there when a guy sold 53 cars out of his collection,then buy a 6 million dollar Cobra and proceeded to give it away. But if I had that kind a money I would squander it too.Maybe.
But if I had that kind a money I would squander it too.Maybe.[/QUOTE]
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All day everyday no maybe about it, but not on an automatic pink car unless it was a Hemi or 440 6 pack..

Wow, that’s less than I thought it would sell for, that’s a low mileage survivor, probably the best example of a 70 Swinger 340, and its FM3....did it actually sell for that price?

I doubt it.

I know someone that saw “sold cars” still at his place.

It’s all window dressing for advertising, TV content, spectator content, and to draw other cars that actually sell with big commissions and fees.

I doubt it.

I know someone that saw “sold cars” still at his place.

It’s all window dressing for advertising, TV content, spectator content, and to draw other cars that actually sell with big commissions and fees.
We call that "fluff" where I come from.

10K miles and original pink paint. It sold cheap

That is not the same (Or a comparable) car to a restored GTS 383. Thousands of restored cars exist. How many 10K miles nice original paint pink 340 cars are for sale today?

But that's what the check was for.
The owner only got paid 53,100. Minus the entry fee and transporting the car there

Car auctions suck!

Last edited:
10K miles and original pink paint. It sold cheap

That is not the same (Or a comparable) car to a restored GTS 383. Thousands of restored cars exist. How many 10K miles nice original paint pink 340 cars are for sale today?

The owner only got paid 53,100. Minus the entry fee and transporting the car there

Car auctions suck!

I agree

Those two car most likely will have two different types of buyers.

The survivor pink car is a car collection/museum piece. And the pink just attracts a lot of fair weather fans too. I can see someone with a big dollar car collection buying it for their trophy wife to make her feel included/happy. This is a great car to hook someone at Barret Jackson auction with.

I seriously doubt it sold. Unless there is more to the cars story we don’t know.

Last edited:
On one hand, it's nice to see a 70 340 bring decent money but on the other. I know people lose their minds at auctions so you really can't go by these people with stupid amounts of cash.

On one hand, it's nice to see a 70 340 bring decent money but on the other. I know people lose their minds at auctions so you really can't go by these people with stupid amounts of cash.

the “advertised” sell price for this pink swinger is a much better deal than the $68.2K for the 71 Duster non-stock: 4spd, V21 hood graphic, and fake window sticker added

Duster just sold for 68,200!

Iv e seen H code 70 Swingers over the years priced at 40 grand. I never knew if the seller actually got that for them.

I was watching the auction as the car came on the block. As the camera panned around the passenger door was an obvious repaint and mismatch in color. If I was dropping serious dollars I would have an expert go over the car first. The problem is other sellers will price their car parallel to this ridiculous exception.

-
Back