Battery Charger help

-

George Lawicki

Reaction score
Hey guys,

looking to purchase a decent MANUAL battery charger for the common things charging batteries and the occasional jump start.. Narrowed it down to these 2.. Anyone want to put in their 2 cents??

assc.jpg

HD.jpg

I have a Schumacher that is thirty years old, at least. Bulletproof. However, i needed a charger for the (inaccessible) AGM in the race car, so i bought a thirty buck harbor freight carry-around. It gets used five times as much as the roll-around Schumacher.
Edit: the Schumacher is great for my 6 volt stuff.

Last edited:
Most all of this is born in China or a close "subsidiary." Bear in mind at least some of those larger ones are NOT regulated or "protected". You can ruin a good battery and boil it good with some of 'em.

I used to build the Associated Chargers in Saint Louis Mo. Don't know where they come from now...
but I built the Snap-On and Associated Brands (Same Thing Inside)
Assembly line job, I dropped in the gauges, Rectifiers, Cables and Hooked up the Transformers before they were Load Tested and Closed up...
I bought one when I worked there in 1989, Still worked Great when it was stolen 2 years ago. I've needed it about 100 times since then.

I sold both on the MAC truck for 28 years. I would go with a Associated for a big charger and a Schumacher for a small one. (like 2/10/50)

-
Back