Battery mount idea...

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever mounted a battery (small light weight or otherwise) below the OE spot? Like down on the frame rail. Wish I had a pic, but I think you get the idea.

Maybe, as long as you have manual steering- that's the area normally occupied by the PS pump, and possibly the horns, depending on year.

My Breeze had it in front of the left front wheel. Maybe an option. Not sure if there is anything right there on your model.

Excuse the wiring mess. It will get tidied up and sleeved. But here’s the result of my experiment...

23BB2705-20F3-42ED-A57C-07721219C2E7.jpeg

In your picture one of the best features is that the battery is really not very wide so not much hangs over the frame rail. Group 24 batteries fill that battery shelf and need the brace that attaches to the part of the box closer to the engine. I think if I were doing it I'd fab a box that was closer to the size of the battery

In your picture one of the best features is that the battery is really not very wide so not much hangs over the frame rail. Group 24 batteries fill that battery shelf and need the brace that attaches to the part of the box closer to the engine. I think if I were doing it I'd fab a box that was closer to the size of the battery[/QUOTE

I don’t think I would have tried it with a Group 24. I may trim the tray down some more, but part of the excess was good for the master switch. I added an aluminum brace to the tray that bolts to the k member lip, as even in this configuration, it needed that support.

On my truck I have the batteri in that location works perfekt and its not in the way you can see the horder in the picture
20220305_105434.jpg

-
Back