Bay Area Meet and Greet?

-
Bump for a thread that's a decade old since the last post! I'd love to see another bay area mopar meet.

¿![QUOT¿E="RenVill, post: 1974052020, member: 64892"]Bump for a thread that's a decade old since the last post! I'd love to see another bay area mopar meet.[/QUOTE]

We’ve had some great get-togethers/cruises in the past when I lived in the Bay Area. That’s the era when I was a mod here and at FBBO and at the time, the newly formed FEBO. I have pictures somewhere of a cruise/luncheon I planned and it was cool seeing a long string of A-bodies heading up Woodside Rd with a stop at Alices for lunch at the four corners (Woodside and Skyline). Thanks for reviving the thread. I saw several names that I haven’t seen in years.

¿![QUOT¿E="RenVill, post: 1974052020, member: 64892"]Bump for a thread that's a decade old since the last post! I'd love to see another bay area mopar meet.

We’ve had some great get-togethers/cruises in the past when I lived in the Bay Area. That’s the era when I was a mod here and at FBBO and at the time, the newly formed FEBO. I have pictures somewhere of a cruise/luncheon I planned and it was cool seeing a long string of A-bodies heading up Woodside Rd with a stop at Alices for lunch at the four corners (Woodside and Skyline). Thanks for reviving the thread. I saw several names that I haven’t seen in years.[/QUOTE]
That would be cool to drive to Alice's with a bunch of classic Mopars

I'm down to meet up some time - looks like the Mopar Alley club is foundering a bit as they come out of the pandemic.

Had to go search for it. We'll be at Stanford on Friday and Sunday/Monday. Deciding what to do for the weekend.

mopar alley picnic.jpg

Decided we're going to make it to the picnic. We have to be in Redwood City on Friday.

Had to go search for it. We'll be at Stanford on Friday and Sunday/Monday. Deciding what to do for the weekend.

View attachment 1715984211

Not sure if I will make it or not. Next weekend is kind of busy for me already. I wish Mopar Alley was better about communicating this stuff so those of us with a lot going on can plan for these events.

Nice of you to show some support. Car clubs have had a hard time coming out to the pandemic.

I have long term friends in the area as we lived there most of the 1980s, but a few years ago we were in the Sac area and one of the local Mopar clubs was having their picnic. We happened to be in the area so we went to that one, too.

FYI
There is a coffee and cars every second Sunday at Woodside Shopping center in Redwood City from 7:30 to 10:00.
Would sure like to see some Mopar presence there for a change. Everyone there is pretty chill and there is a really good restaurant for Breakfast or Coffee and muffins @ Breaker's Cafe, 270 Woodside Rd, Redwood City, CA 94061

lpl
Not sure if I will make it or not. Next weekend is kind of busy for me already. I wish Mopar Alley was better about communicating this stuff so those of us with a lot going on can plan for these events.

I use to be an officer in that group many moons ago and remember introducing a few detailed written proposals re: improving and streamlining the annual show/misc events and increasing communication internally & externally. I handed copies out to each officer at the officer’s meeting. As I began going through them, I could see smoke coming out of several people’s ears. Very shortly after, I heard some group speak basically saying that my proposals were too complicated and that they liked doing things the way they’ve always been done. The club has always had a difficult time evolving. The times they are a-changin’ but not so sure if MA is changin’ with it. Hopefully, they can and are.

In Northern/Central CA, there use to be four main Mopar clubs that held annual shows: Mopars Alley, Capital City Mopars, Wine Country Mopars & San Joaquin Mopars. It would be interesting to look at the membership, annual shows and overall health of the clubs today vs 20+ years ago.

Ben,
I appreciate everything you have done starting from the Mountain View days and working with Loretta on the Let's talk events here on the Peninsula. We do miss them and look forward to making new memories.

lpl

I use to be an officer in that group many moons ago and remember introducing a few detailed written proposals re: improving and streamlining the annual show/misc events and increasing communication internally & externally. I handed copies out to each officer at the officer’s meeting. As I began going through them, I could see smoke coming out of several people’s ears. Very shortly after, I heard some group speak basically saying that my proposals were too complicated and that they liked doing things the way they’ve always been done. The club has always had a difficult time evolving. The times they are a-changin’ but not so sure if MA is changin’ with it. Hopefully, they can and are.

In Northern/Central CA, there use to be four main Mopar clubs that held annual shows: Mopars Alley, Capital City Mopars, Wine Country Mopars & San Joaquin Mopars. It would be interesting to look at the membership, annual shows and overall health of the clubs today vs 20+ years ago.

We still have our show (San Joaquin Valley), but it has moved out of Madera (they basically told us they didn't want us) to Clovis. The show is next Saturday (Sept. 24). We have never really had a big show, but it is smaller than 20 years ago. The club has gone through several membership changes with a few of us still around since 1994. Just got a new member in his 50s who recently bought a '69 hemi Super Bee survivor. Very interesting car, option wise (buckets/console and power windows).

Turnout for the picnic was dismal, but had a good time for a couple of hours. Saw our long time friend and his wife so it was all worth it.

Ben,
I appreciate everything you have done starting from the Mountain View days and working with Loretta on the Let's talk events here on the Peninsula. We do miss them and look forward to making new memories.
Guy, thanks for the kind words. Yes, those were damn good days. Lots of work but lots of fun and good people to be around as well. I miss Loretta a lot. She was like my big sister.

Although the overall car scene in the Sac area is very active, the Mopar scene/people does not hold a candle to the Bay Area. It would be great to get some of the old group back together (at least annually). The annual cruise night in San Mateo might be a good event to shoot for.

We still have our show (San Joaquin Valley), but it has moved out of Madera (they basically told us they didn't wtjjant us) to Clovis. The show is next Saturday (Sept. 24). We have never really had a big show, but it is smaller than 20 years ago. The club has gone through several membership changes with a few of us still around since 1994. Just got a new member in his 50s who recently bought a '69 hemi Super Bee survivor. Very interesting car, option wise (buckets/console and power windows).
We still have our show (San Joaquin Valley), but it has moved out of Madera (they basically told us they didn't want us) to Clovis. The show is next Saturday (Sept. 24). We have never really had a big show, but it is smaller than 20 years ago. The club has gone through several membership changes with a few of us still around since 1994. Just got a new member in his 50s who recently bought a '69 hemi Super Bee survivor. Very interesting car, option wise (buckets/console and power windows).
The
Jim,
I had intentions of making the show this year since I recently went through about 8 dozen car show/event t-shirts I’ve collected over the last (almost) 40 years and came across one from San Joaquin Mopars from 1995. I remember that I liked Town & Country Park in Madera. It’s a shame they kicked the club out of there. I’m sure it had to do with some ESG Greenies clutching their pearls over the thought of some old fossil fuel burning monsters roaming through their “pristine” park/city. Anyway, I’ll shoot for next year and will try and get some friends from the Bay Area to join me.

Turnout for the picnic was dismal, but had a good time for a couple of hours. Saw our long time friend and his wife so it was all worth it.
That was the Mopar Alley picnic correct? How many cars/people showed up? They (along with all the clubs) need to do a better job at communicating if they want people to show up but I’ll leave that comment there.

I went to the Capital City show this past weekend and it was (for lack of a better term) light. I am pretty sure last year’s show had twice as many cars and quite a few more swappers. But ... I ran into some old friends and met a couple of new ones so it made it all worthwhile. Plus, the one part I was looking for was successfully located.

This is a get together this Sunday at Woodside Shopping center in Redwood City from 7:30 to 10:00.
Breakfast or Coffee and muffins @ Breaker's Cafe, 270 Woodside Rd, Redwood City, CA 94061

That was the Mopar Alley picnic correct? How many cars/people showed up? They (along with all the clubs) need to do a better job at communicating if they want people to show up but I’ll leave that comment there.

I went to the Capital City show this past weekend and it was (for lack of a better term) light. I am pretty sure last year’s show had twice as many cars and quite a few more swappers. But ... I ran into some old friends and met a couple of new ones so it made it all worthwhile. Plus, the one part I was looking for was successfully located.
Yes, the Mopar Alley picnic. Less than 10 people, but the guy we really wanted to see was there so it was worth it. We had the grandkids this past weekend so didn't make the Capitol City show. We would have been in the swap meet. We have plans for Fall Fling to be in the swap.

-
Back