Bayonet mechanism bolt on shifter

-

MAPS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As usual the man with the worst problems...
I have my 4 speed that came originally with a bayonet shifter as I was told it's a clip on..
Now I have a bolt on shifter from brewers that was installed in my car when I put the console in and had to change shutters, it's been working, is this normal ?
Thanks.
MAPS

It will be fine, I actually ground a bayonet handle to fit a bolt on shifter in my Duster.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the term 'Bayonet Shifter". I have a picture in my mind of a sharp military style bayonet shift handle. Probably not very user friendly. LOL. Seriously, what is it?

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the term 'Bayonet Shifter". I have a picture in my mind of a sharp military style bayonet shift handle. Probably not very user friendly. LOL. Seriously, what is it?
Early shifters had a push in handle, held in with a clip.
Later hurst shifters used two bolts to mount the handle.

Hello All,
Bayonet Style mount picture.
P/S I am looking for one.
[WANTED] - Bayonet-Style Shifter Handle......
Stay Safe.....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
Shifter Handle 6.jpg

Hello All,
Bayonet Style mount picture.
P/S I am looking for one.
[WANTED] - Bayonet-Style Shifter Handle......
Stay Safe.....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
View attachment 1715533033
Maps1212@hotmail.com

AT. I have one..

S.L.67

Sup I should not be worried that I'm using it like this now ? Just with the clip on, even though it's the Brewers bolt on console shifter ? I've been using it this past month since I took the car out.might don't want it to come off while I'm driving...

Thanks to everyone so far.

MAPS

Early shifters had a push in handle, held in with a clip.
Later hurst shifters used two bolts to mount the handle.
OK, Thanks. My 69 4 speed Barracuda had that type of a shifter handle. I had just never heard of the term bayonet.

-
Back