BB flywheel

-
cheap and flywheels seem a little scary. for a hot rod i might be inclined to stay with a hays or something just to protect my car and my feet.

I have the 440 source flywheel and a Mcleod 130 tooth flywheel and if you put them side by side they look identical, you can take the balance weight from the 440 source wheel and bolt it to the Mcleod wheel and vice-versa. The balance weight from 440 source seems a little big, its probably close enough that it wont hurt anything but the weights that Mcleod sells seem more accurate. The Mcleod wheel is SFI approved where as the 440 source wheel isn't so I guess that's why it's 1/3 the price. I think if 440 source flywheels were blowing up and cutting peoples feet off, slicing cars in half, etc.. you'd see it all over the internet and as far as I know that's not the case, I haven't seen any negative press anywhere about them.

The fit was fine, all bolt holes lined up without any problems. I didn't check for runout on either wheel. I haven't driven the car yet, just bolted the flywheel to the engine and fired it up.

I have the 440 source flywheel and a Mcleod 130 tooth flywheel and if you put them side by side they look identical, you can take the balance weight from the 440 source wheel and bolt it to the Mcleod wheel and vice-versa. The balance weight from 440 source seems a little big, its probably close enough that it wont hurt anything but the weights that Mcleod sells seem more accurate. The Mcleod wheel is SFI approved where as the 440 source wheel isn't so I guess that's why it's 1/3 the price. I think if 440 source flywheels were blowing up and cutting peoples feet off, slicing cars in half, etc.. you'd see it all over the internet and as far as I know that's not the case, I haven't seen any negative press anywhere about them.

Can you buy the 440 source flywheel in a 143 tooth?
I am building an engine test stand to fire a couple of engines up, and the balance is different between the engines.
I would not mind saving a couple hundred bucks just on a start-up test stand.

I`ll assume starter engaugement and disengaugement was ok also.
Had to have a sticker on it or on the box saying made in china? :D
thanks for replying.

No problems with the starter. I don't remember seeing anything saying made in china but I would assume it came off of a big container ship from the other side of the globe.

I run one and had to shim the starter about 1/32" to let the starter disengage. I also put in a Quicktime bellhousing at the same time so it was one or the other at fault.

-
Back