Not open for further replies.

496 polara

moparts id gch
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for some older "day two" mods for appearance correct on a 68 model big block.

Valve covers; Mickey Thompson, Moroso , DC , etc. Don't have to be perfect. Battle scars and patina ok, junk not ok.

Tach; something vintage or a modern unit with a vintage look. Don't need a shift light or monster tach.

Wheels; Would love some 15" or 17" magnum 500's but will consider anything. Prefer 8" rear and 7" front. A nice set of 7" would be considered as well. Don't mind buying in pairs either. No Keystone classics !

Air cleaner; an original 1968 dual snorkel air cleaner. C body application but I am sure a B body would work fine .Honestly don't know if their is any difference. A/C car.

PM here and will send an email address if needed for pics.

Thanks,
George

Have a set of Holley valve covers ( almost identical to m/t) 125$ plus the ride. Also have a set of m/t they were painted gloss black 125$ plus the ride

Keep in mind most sets of big block Mickey Thompson and Holley valve covers that come up for sale were Made in Japan (see the casting inside). They have minor cosmetic differences over the originals and somewhat inferior aluminum but they clean up nice too.

I'll get you a few pics of my stash Edelbrocks. It's been a busy week and is only Tuesday. :lol:

Looking for some older "day two" mods for appearance correct on a 68 model big block.

Valve covers; Mickey Thompson, Moroso , DC , etc. Don't have to be perfect. Battle scars and patina ok, junk not ok.

Tach; something vintage or a modern unit with a vintage look. Don't need a shift light or monster tach.

Wheels; Would love some 15" or 17" magnum 500's but will consider anything. Prefer 8" rear and 7" front. A nice set of 7" would be considered as well. Don't mind buying in pairs either. No Keystone classics !

Air cleaner; an original 1968 dual snorkel air cleaner. C body application but I am sure a B body would work fine .Honestly don't know if their is any difference. A/C car.

Thanks,
George
HI, I have a pair of factory valve covers. I had the r/side modified to clear the blower motor. I can send pic if interested.

Thanks,
George

Here are a few pics of the big block Edelbrocks in the stash. I learned two things today taking them: they're also Mickey Thompson castings and were Made in Japan too, probably late 80s/early 90s.

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

My objective evaluation as if for a customer: Typical little dings, tiny chips on the fins and excess casting flash near the tops of the bolt recesses, all of which can be perfected / eliminated in a couple hours or less.

The only remarkable defect is a chunk missing from the upper right corner on the gasket rail. The break does NOT invade the gasket rail channel recess at all but the outer edge is really thin right there. If I was restoring them I'd recommend a little filler not only for cosmetics but to beef it up a bit and give it some more integrity since it's on a corner (1 hr.).
IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

An oil cap opening was roughed out at some point, and not very well. The factory guide marks are there to grind notches for standard oil cap wings but it has no groove to twist on and lock in place. The buyer may be stuck using a plug rather than a cap.

IMG_1468.JPG

Even with the work required, Billy still wants $225 OBO for them.
He gave me the side eye when I told him he was on crack at $275 so please be gentle. :rofl:

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back