Bbp disc swap question

-

Moparvinson

Reaction score
I have a 1974 satellite parts car with front discs .if I use these spindles and discs, what would I need from an a body to complete the swap on my 1967 sbp dart? Thanks

You'd either need a set of large ball joint UCA's, or a set of tapered adaptors for your current small ball joint UCA's. You'd also need new lower ball joints, 73+ A-body would work fine. You'll need new brake hoses as well, but which ones you'll need depends on if you mount the calipers to the front or the rear (for sway bar clearance).

Used the brakes from a 74 SSP on my 72 Demon.
11" rotors, 11" drums. Stops excellent, great pedal feel, non-power.

Only issue I had was the banjo fitting clearance on lower control arm if using pin type calipers.
There is a pin caliper that works. I dont recall the application.
I switched the brackets to sliders since I had everything new for them.
New calipers were in the $20/side range.

Used the brakes from a 74 SSP on my 72 Demon.
11" rotors, 11" drums. Stops excellent, great pedal feel, non-power.

Only issue I had was the banjo fitting clearance on lower control arm if using pin type calipers.
There is a pin caliper that works. I dont recall the application.
I switched the brackets to sliders since I had everything new for them.
New calipers were in the $20/side range.
And did you use a body disc control arms or ball joint adapters? Thanks

It was more cost effective to use a set of the large joint uca's I already had.
Wouldnt hesitate to use the adapters if I needed them though.

They have a 1974 dart sport at the pull apart yard but it is drum brakes and small bolt pattern. Would these be big ball joint control arms? I read that all after 1973 were.

They have a 1974 dart sport at the pull apart yard but it is drum brakes and small bolt pattern. Would these be big ball joint control arms? I read that all after 1973 were.

Yes, those should be large ball joint UCA's.

Pull the spindles too, the large ball joint drum spindles are used for some aftermarket brake kits and are worth more than what they’ll likely charge you at that yard.

-
Back