BBP rotors for a 1968 Dart GT using the same 4-piston calipers???

-

ppsi

Reaction score
I am starting (finally) to work on my 68 Dart GT convertible. I am pretty sure that I will be going with some sort of aftermarket wheels when the time comes. I understand there are not very many SBP aftermarket wheels available so I got to wondering if I could simply get a set of rotors to replace the current rotors? Are there BBP rotors that I can swap out?
Thanks

Is your car drums or disc? If it’s the SBP disc I believe can swap rotors from a similar age mustang. There is a very good thread someplace about it.

If I remember correctly though it still involved machining the rotor a bit to fit the bearing or or caliper or something

Sticky thread right in brakes...

Using mustang rotors for 4.5" bc

If I had this to do all over again, I would get some 73-up Disc brake spindles, a 66-67 B-Body rear or Custom Dana 60 with BBP axles and order Dr Diff 13" Cobra Front brake kit and 11.5" rear, then get 17x8 rims from a 1994-2004 Mustang application (don't have to be from a mustang) and enjoy the tons of far superior tire designs and compounds over 14" and 15" offerings and more brake pad options. Toss on some QA1 upper A's, adjustable strut rods, better shocks Bilstein, Fox, Hotchkis, Viking etc) , large sway bars and larger torsion bars to fit your engine weight and enjoy a good handling and stopping car.

If I had this to do all over again, I would get some 73-up Disc brake spindles, a 66-67 B-Body rear or Custom Dana 60 with BBP axles and order Dr Diff 13" Cobra Front brake kit and 11.5" rear, then get 17x8 rims from a 1994-2004 Mustang application (don't have to be from a mustang) and enjoy the tons of far superior tire designs and compounds over 14" and 15" offerings and more brake pad options. Toss on some QA1 upper A's, adjustable strut rods, better shocks Bilstein, Fox, Hotchkis, Viking etc) , large sway bars and larger torsion bars to fit your engine weight and enjoy a good handling and stopping car.

And how many thousands of dollars is all that stuff you just listed?
All he wanted to know is if he could use a large bolt pattern disk with the KH caliper and spindle.

Yes this can be done, with an early mustang rotor. Outer diameter needs to be cut down slightly, and the recess in the back of the rotor for the inner bearing race needs to be machined a little deeper (around 1/4") to move the bearing farther into the hub, moving the disk farther in on the spindle. This will center the disk in the fixed caliper.

Follow the link posted by joeboy above and you can read all about it. This is the setup I have on my car.

mustangdisk.jpg

Thanks all!
This is a disk brake car. I will look closer at the mustang thread . Im pretty sure i can do the machine worj myself.
Im not into spending the money on the all out system .

-
Back