[IMPORTANT] Become a For A Bodies Only Gold Member Today!

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Become a For A Bodies Only Gold Member Today!

With your Annual Gold Member Subscription you will receive:​
  • Free FABO Window Decals
  • Access to special Gold Member Only Forums
  • Increased Private Message Storage
  • Increased Photo Gallery Storage
  • Our Gratitude
Support Our Site and Become a Gold Member Today!

Last edited:
This site has saved me from a small bout of depression of staying at home and taking care of myself and my new home as Dr's ordered 8)
No shrinks for me :cheers: Just a visit to FABO have filled my pill bottle.

Thanks Joeychgo and all the mods and members for a great place for me
to get my day started,:-D

Another positive feature would be the ability to modify your posts after 48 hours.

Hey Joey I paypal you the other day to be a gold member just because that the cheapest GOLD I could find for the money.

So all of us original members that had the access to the to the secret blue forum now have to pay to access this new gold forum and we lost the blue?

Plus we have to pay $35 for window stickers we paid a hell of a lot less for years ago. Plus pay for special rebates that most of these venders would probably give you a discount anyways if you said you saw there ad here. If you are hurting for money dude, I think it would be better to ask for donations than trying to package bogus features and playing off that its so great.

Trying to sell all I own to become a gold member. LOL!

Gonna have to hold off until gas prices come down and my relatives quit going to jail..... long story.

So all of us original members that had the access to the to the secret blue forum now have to pay to access this new gold forum and we lost the blue?

Plus we have to pay $35 for window stickers we paid a hell of a lot less for years ago. Plus pay for special rebates that most of these venders would probably give you a discount anyways if you said you saw there ad here. If you are hurting for money dude, I think it would be better to ask for donations than trying to package bogus features and playing off that its so great.

Ya know I think THAT'S JUST THE TYPE of ATTITUDE we need around here. I am so glad that you feel that way, but for these guys that run an OUTSTANDING site for us without charge for a membership fee or without charge for access to the site, I would think that this is a great way to "compensate" them a little for what they do for us. Yeah, we all wish that love for the hobby alone would pay the bills, but it just doesn't anymore...especially with the rise in pricing all over the nation. The bottom line here is that if you don't like the feature...don't use it, but don't downgrade it because these guys offer these features for $35 bucks a year for access to some cool features that some of us that werent the "originals" didn't get access to before.

I myself think it's a great idea, keep up the GREAT WORK FABO Mods, even if I had to start paying to use the site, I'd still be around.

Thanks FABO, Mike

If you would like you can donate $35 to Joey and he can keep the stickers. Small price to pay seeing he just dropped 3K on a new server so we can all enjoy the site. That doesnt include Hosting fees which are over $200 a year, Domain names registration every year, Paying out of his pocket to get shirts, Jackets, stickers and cards made plus all the time he spends keeping the site running.

If you dont want to pay you dont have to.

That doesnt include Hosting fees which are over $200 a year

Try --- $150 a month for hosting fees... :) (professionally managed dedicated server) on top of the $3k I spent a few months ago for the new server.

You have to understand... This is a very busy site with alot of server intensive features. (chat room, for example) We do about 3 million page views a month.

In order to keep it running smooth, it takes alot. I could do it cheaper, but then we would have a slower site that crashed often.

Mopardude, Let me explain my reasoning. People have many times offered me donations. I have always rejected them (with gratitude and appreciation) I dont like taking money from people without providing something in return. So we now offer the Gold Membership which has a number of perks. Most notably is the discounts from vendors. You could make your membership fee back and then some on just 1 order from one of these vendors!

The old Pro Stock forums were barely ever used. So it was natural to convert them to Gold Member use.

As one of the original members, I would think you would want FABO to be the best site out there. The Gold Memberships will help me do that. The rest of the site will always remain free for all to use.

I want to personally thank all our Gold Members - Your helping keep FABO alive and well.

As a systems engineer, I know what it takes to keep something like this rolling. This ain't no $500 computer on a cable connection behind a firewall with port 80 open and a DNS redirect. This is pricey to keep up. Not to mention the time involved, and I can't believe that anyone is asking for compensation for that time.

Knowing this was the reason for me to sign up as the the info was posted.

Thanks Joey and keep up the good work!

Since I joined FABO I have gotten WELL OVER 35 bucks worth of info, advice, friendship, and parts so it was no problem for me to drop 35 bucks about 2 seconds after I found out we could. Once again thanks to Joey and all the mods!!!

Joey,I just signed on!

ike was said in a previouse post,I may never use the discounts as they currently are.

But for me it's not about that. I love coming here. The advise is almost always spot on and the atmostphere always great. The sight is well policed and losers are quickly given the boot. Great attitude here,friendly people,and a very fast efficient sight!

It is too bad we get the odd jerk who tries to ruin it for the rest. But thats life I guess.

WELL DONE FABO!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for keeping my A body dreams alive...

WOOH!!!!! DUDES settle down!

I realize how much a site like this takes to run, but I also know what kinda of money a site like this capable of generating in advertising. I mearly wish to have a better explanation of what my $35 is going for because frankly I don't understand.

Here is the clip from the email
With your Annual Gold Member Subscription you will receive:
  • Generous Discounts from Selected Vendors (See Current List)
  • Discounts in the FABO store
  • Free FABO Window Decals
  • Free FABO Business Cards
  • Access to special Gold Member Only Forums
  • Increased Private Message Storage
  • Increased Photo Gallery Storage
  • Our Gratitude

In my opinion this is nothing. Please tell me what the special gold member forums is and what it has to offer. I would really love to pay $35 to this site. I been a member here since the proboards days when there was like only 20 other people who came to these forums. I would feel better if joey said I am bad at managing this site and I need money to help keep it going that I could get behind and understand and deffinately send in my $35 because its honest. Right now to me it is like here is some crap and a special title now give me some money. So I guess if someone can give me a good explanation of what is in this gold forum and why it will be worth $35 to me the check will be in the mail. Also I would like to know if this Gold forum is the old secret forum that mostly the old members had access to where all the **** and stuff got posted.

Mopardude, Let me explain my reasoning. People have many times offered me donations. I have always rejected them (with gratitude and appreciation) I dont like taking money from people without providing something in return. So we now offer the Gold Membership which has a number of perks. Most notably is the discounts from vendors. You could make your membership fee back and then some on just 1 order from one of these vendors!

The old Pro Stock forums were barely ever used. So it was natural to convert them to Gold Member use.

Yea but if these are the same venders you have been advertising on this site all along. All these guys will give you a discount all ready just by mentioning this site. Atleast the ones I have dealt with so far, I dunno maybe its just me because i all ways press salesmen to get the best price possible. Is the advertising going to be hidden to all except for the gold members? Which does not seem like a good idea if you wish to keep venders.

I dont see what the big deal is, The gold member forums replaced the Prostock forums. Its a place were you can post anything you want, Anything, Its unmoderated.

The money goes to the cost of running the board. Yes advertising on a board like this can make good money. But you cant force people to advertise here and I dont see any adds up.

The money is a donation and Joey put together somethings to go with it for helping out. Like I said, If you dont want to donate you dont have to.

Yea but if these are the same venders you have been advertising on this site all along. All these guys will give you a discount all ready just by mentioning this site..

All the vendors are new except Laysons and Cudachick.

Dude you're trippin over nothing, I haven't become a Gold Member yet but I will soon enough. You need to realize that some people are happy to pay $35 for some of those features. Also realize that some of the people here have not been around forever and don't have ~1000 posts and are not as well known as some of you other guys that are. Some of the newbies, when they show up, are looking for the quickest way to dive in so that they can get their project on its way and get it done. Again, I will say that if you don't like the idea of it, don't pay for it. But, for some of the others it is exactly what they are looking for, and helping support something that we all know and love is what some of us are all about. I know that I visit this site daily and spend at least 2-3 or more hours here almost every day, so $35 is a cheap price to pay for the "entertainment" I get here.

The money is a donation and Joey put together somethings to go with it for helping out.

Well thanks for the truethful explantion. I will be signing up now. Maybe some of my displeasure with Joey all of a sudden asking for money for this site comes from you the original owner. When you were seeing hard times and members of this site did what they could to help you out to keep the site going. Than all of a sudden the site was being sold of with out warning to a non MOPAR guy. Lucky Joey has done good here. I know a lot of people left the site or became very unactive after this happened, including myself. Luckily more have came since that time. I just want to know that next week this site isn't going to be sold off again.

Dude you're trippin over nothing, I haven't become a Gold Member yet but I will soon enough. You need to realize that some people are happy to pay $35 for some of those features. Also realize that some of the people here have not been around forever and don't have ~1000 posts and are not as well known as some of you other guys that are. Some of the newbies, when they show up, are looking for the quickest way to dive in so that they can get their project on its way and get it done. Again, I will say that if you don't like the idea of it, don't pay for it. But, for some of the others it is exactly what they are looking for, and helping support something that we all know and love is what some of us are all about. I know that I visit this site daily and spend at least 2-3 or more hours here almost every day, so $35 is a cheap price to pay for the "entertainment" I get here.

I think I am being misunderstood here. I do want to support my favorite site I just needed better explanation.

Understood... your wording just seemed more of an attack toward Joey and the mods than it sounded like a search for an explanation. I may be considered somewhat of a newbie around here, but for what I get out of this site I am kinda defensive about it.

-
Back