Been awhile

-

Hal Curlee

Reaction score
Have not been through these pages in a few. Put the 65 Barracuda on the back burner. Thought I'd browse some archives for some inspiration

Welcome aboard glad to have you! Let's see your project! If you ever need motivation go look at my train wreck yours cant be that bad haha! My Dart Swinger Project!
Enjoy the forum I look forward to seeing you around!

thanks for the welcome...heres a few pics of the Barracuda. Years ago, I drained the engine oil and cut open the filter to find an abundance of glitter inside the filament. Dropped the oil pan and found a 2" section of piston skirt trapped on the suction screen. Pulled off the heads and found some beat up holes. Pulled out the engine then decided to try my luck at body work. Both lower corners were rotted out, apparently someone installed the window with silicone under the seal. Then I had a bright idea of swapping out the "K" member for the tubular set up. That was maybe 10 years ago, got wrapped up in work, motorcycles and family. I got myself quarantined from work, another mechanic came down with the virus. So.... did some maintenance on the bikes then started staring at tis beast of a project.

A9291A88-50A4-4550-8EB6-59A3FADF672D.jpeg

9FBF4EE3-FB13-4407-9BD7-24AEDFF1BCA7.jpeg

1C39A7BE-65E1-4D75-B080-A67A9D67A05D.jpeg

Welcome aboard glad to have you! Let's see your project! If you ever need motivation go look at my train wreck yours cant be that bad haha! My Dart Swinger Project!
Enjoy the forum I look forward to seeing you around!
Oh brother..... that's quite the endeavor. I admire the no job too tough approach ya got! Mine is fairly close to the uphill work ahead. Its only time and money, right?

Welcome to FABO Hal. Just one step at a time and before you know it you'll see progress!!

I love the early Barracudas!

Have not been through these pages in a few. Put the 65 Barracuda on the back burner. Thought I'd browse some archives for some inspiration
Day #2
Highly discouraged... Members have commented on my choice of tubular front end, Cap has apparently fallen from grace. Discovered that my engine mounts are not the same from the 273 to the 318 I now have. Installed the water pump on the front of the engine and found that the crank damper interferes with the water pump.... think I should stick to my Caterpillar engines and Harleys

Sometimes there is extra casting on the bottom of the water pump you can grind off for clearance.

Something positive!!

Sometimes there is extra casting on the bottom of the water pump you can grind off for clearance.

Something positive!!
good point... just frustrated that everything I bought and put together years ago is all wrong. Reckon I got a 7.25" damper. Also found that the threads are done for on the timing cover. So I thought the engine was ready to drop in 10 or more years ago... I was so young and naive!! hahahahahaha

-
Back