bellcrank info needed

-

hot rust

Reaction score
hello everyone, working on a restoration 71 demon 340 3speed and the frame side pivot ball was jury rigged and not in the correct place. does anyone have photo's of the original set up and maybe measurements as to correct location of the pivot hole frame side and pic of reinforcing bracket installed. it's on a rotissere as we speak getting ready for media blast. thanks in advance hot rust

How do you know that it is in the wrong place? I believe there is a factory hole there, but if it was an automatic, there was no reinforcement triangular cup spot welded on the outside of the frame.
Pictures?
Can post pictures of what I mean when I go out to the shop.

this is a factory manual car and someone in the past made a home made bracket for the pivot and the hole in the apron is destroyed, broken out and mis shaped. there bracket was mounted to the rail below where boxed frame joins inner fender with two bolts going completely thru framerail and collapsed the framerail

Not really sure how to answer you. So the frame rail is so rusted out that the orginal hole is gone? This involves the frame and inner fenderwell area. You have some work to do if that is the case. The hole needs to be horizontally across from the bellcrank pivot on the engine side.

20221127_141412.jpg

20221127_141722.jpg

thanks cruze for the replies, there is no rust at all, appears for some reason the stiffener bracket must not have been installed because the apron looks as tho the ball pulled thru and mangled the area that it was in, probably a 3/4 hole pulled out of the apron and runners in all directions. the pic you posted of the support bracket is helpful. could you get a measurement from upper control arm bracket to centerline of the pivot ball coming thru the outside? it appears it is level with the upper control arm bolt. thanks a million michael

-
Back