Bellhousing to center of stick mount measurement

-

Rob_Mopar

Reaction score
I accidentally posted this over on the automatic forum this morning. I'll ask an admin to delete that one.

Does anyone have a measurement of the distance from the face of the bellhousing (engine block side) to the center of the stick mount for an A-body 833? Say from a 130 tooth flywheel bellhousing to a Hurst shifter mechanism with the trans in neutral.

I've found all other dimensions out there, except this. We're looking to put an 833 in a little hot rod thing a buddy is assembling. Trying to figure out where the shifter will wind up before plunking down the money on the transmission.

Rob, i measured an early A cast iron bellhousing and a later aluminum bellhousing and came up with 7 3/8" roughly. And an early A 833 and a later slip yoke 833 and roughly 19 1/2" to the center of the shifter mount from the trans mounting face.
Hope it helps.

Rob, i measured an early A cast iron bellhousing and a later aluminum bellhousing and came up with 7 3/8" roughly. And an early A 833 and a later slip yoke 833 and roughly 19 1/2" to the center of the shifter mount from the trans mounting face.
Hope it helps.

Stephen, yes it does! Thanks!

Mine is a 513 casting big block bellhousiing, which is 7 3/8" thick. Does this help? I can measure whatever else you need as well, since it's sitting on the floor.

Edit: that's with a 1/4" pin through the shifter alignment holes, so it in neutral.

20220922_175011.jpg

20220922_175016.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back