Belt line catwhisker removal

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
removed the ancient “cat whiskers” window weather stripping today and found that a right angle pick tool made it easy. Just stuck the pick under the prong on the clips that fit in the door holes and lifted up. Nice to have something on this restoration go fairly simply for a change!

219B69D9-80B9-4AA2-9317-2726B4FD2C06.jpeg

BF902FCC-E91C-4FF3-9D4D-8B99E926C2CE.jpeg

How about a series of step by step pics showing your technique.

Looks like you had the door panel off anyway so... There's a eccentric travel stop on the window regulator. Loosen the lock nut and rotate the eccentric with flat blade screw driver so window winds further down into door. Inner and outer whiskers peel right out, drop right in, once the glass is out of the way.

Looks like you had the door panel off anyway so... There's a eccentric travel stop on the window regulator. Loosen the lock nut and rotate the eccentric with flat blade screw driver so window winds further down into door. Inner and outer whiskers peel right out, drop right in, once the glass is out of the way.
I was looking at the quarter window felts to install and noticed the curve doesn't match the felts. Do you have to bend them to fit? You would think they would be manufactured correct.

I bought from Year One for my notch back, fit perfect. There is a lot of poor fitting parts in todays aftermarket. Good luck

-
Back