Bench to bucket seat question, 1970 Dart

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Okay, my 70 Dart came factory with a bench seat. The buckets I plan to use are a factory low back bucket seat (no head rests) from a 68 barracuda. I have the seats and interior torn out, and I set the bucket seats in place.

From what I have read before, I thought the factory had put "dimples" in the floor on bench seat cars where the bucket seat would have been mounted if so equipped...Well, I do see "dimples" but none of them line up at all with the bucket seat tracks, where the 4 posts go through the floor...

Maybe I'm missing something??? How do I mount these seats in the proper location? I'll try to get pics up tonight...

I've done this a couple of times myself, and the dimples in the floor should line up with the stock A Body brackets. Some people try to reuse the two holes on each side that the bench seat used, which is wrong. Right in the middle of the floor pan, there should be four dimples that should line up with the stock A Body brackets.

Are the four dimples that you are seeing approximately 12" x 12"? I've drilled the holes before, and then had to get a little rough with the brackets to get them in all four holes at the same time.

Here's the dimples

dimples_Medium_.jpg

Mine was a bench seat also. You can see the two outside holes on
the left side of the pic.

Does this work with a four speed car or are the seats different? I seem to have a clearance issue with the trans tunnel and the front of the seat.

Does this work with a four speed car or are the seats different? I seem to have a clearance issue with the trans tunnel and the front of the seat.

The bucket seats mount in the same holes. Yes the front of the seat will meet the consoles and the 4 speed hump at their forward most position. A clearance issue or just nature of the beast ? You decide :)

OK, got the holes drilled and bucket seats installed. It kinda bugs me about the seat hitting the 4 speed hump when moved all the way forward, but oh well...I'll get pics up soon. Thanks everyone for your help.

-
Back