Bent some tube.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Its been a while so i figured i post a pic of some recent work.

Im actually working on a fellow members car now but i wont be posting any pics of it. When its done i will ask him if he minds if i post the work.

Ran into a snag on the mopar build so that opened up some time for me to jump back on the 52 GMC 5 windo build.
Im working on the hard line for the air ride. I got the ok to use all copper hard line to match the bed. When its all done and pressure tested i will hand polish the lines to a mirror finish and clear coat them.

I need to finish and build a pedestal to mount the lines to the frame and hold them all on the same plane put they will be dam near mirror images of them self.

Enjoy!

20191031_175019_zpsycdavtv9.jpg

The bed.

20190927_134648_zpsywofuvld.jpg

20190927_124758_zpsnz1wo6kt.jpg

Is this the truck that had the frame length all frigged up? Either way, that's some nice work!

Yup, same truck.

It kinda took a back seat to the MOPAR i got on the lift but now that that project is stalled out i will put some time in on the truck. Its so close yet at the same time verry far from done.

Thanks J par. I try my best. Strive for perfection and except pretty close...

:)

Yup, same truck.

It kinda took a back seat to the MOPAR i got on the lift but now that that project is stalled out i will put some time in on the truck. Its so close yet at the same time verry far from done.

Thanks J par. I try my best. Strive for perfection and except pretty close...

:)
I got myself in a little poo today...
9 this morning...
IMG_20191031_093759.jpg

2 this afternoon...
IMG_20191031_140941.jpg

No cuts no glory...

Dam. GET SOME!!

I cant wait to do that to my dart. Just gotta finish the blower short block, rebuild my savings, make time to have my car in the shop and im good to go!

Theank you. Its Its realy easy for me to find flaws in my work and i see them everywhere.

Then when folks like you guys say it looks good it makes me feel better about what im doing.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Theank you. Its Its realy easy for me to find flaws in my work and i see them everywhere.

Then when folks like you guys say it looks good it makes me feel better about what im doing.

Thanks for all the kind words.
Me too, but to redo over and over doesent go well with me.
I learn to accept less than perfection.
Any thing i work on i do my best to make it look neat and clean, but patience wears thin.

after seeing your work, there is nothing i can do to even come close. My skills are improving,but i feel im wasting time fixing current vehicles.
Would rather do the work on old stuff.

Its been a while so i figured i post a pic of some recent work.

Im actually working on a fellow members car now but i wont be posting any pics of it. When its done i will ask him if he minds if i post the work.

Ran into a snag on the mopar build so that opened up some time for me to jump back on the 52 GMC 5 windo build.
Im working on the hard line for the air ride. I got the ok to use all copper hard line to match the bed. When its all done and pressure tested i will hand polish the lines to a mirror finish and clear coat them.

I need to finish and build a pedestal to mount the lines to the frame and hold them all on the same plane put they will be dam near mirror images of them self.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1715416824

The bed.

View attachment 1715416829
View attachment 1715416828

Did that in stain. steel when I worked at the waterplant ----------

Very nice work!!!

I can honestly say that is one part of my Millwright years that I don’t miss. We were constantly making up lines in stainless from 1/8 to a 1/2 inch. That 1/2 was some tough manual bending.

Very nice work!!!

I can honestly say that is one part of my Millwright years that I don’t miss. We were constantly making up lines in stainless from 1/8 to a 1/2 inch. That 1/2 was some tough manual bending.
/////////////////////////////////
We do a lot of 1/2 inch stainless. Impulse lines for transmitters and air lines for valve actuators.
Millwrights do a lot too... Steam tracing etc.

So... 70 inches of perfectly bent tube got caught on the buffing wheel and was a total loss...

That was the inspiration i need to re make 3 of the lines.
It hard to tell but there are some subtle changes in this pic.

The more i look at it the more i want to redo the two lines going to the rear bags. It bothers me that one is twin 90s and the the other is two 45s... dammit.....

Crap wrong pic....

20191031_175019_zpsycdavtv9.jpg

Here are the new lines.

20191119_164204_zpsj9ijucqe.jpg

Enjoy!

Ok thats it. Im starting over.

I keep going back and looking at the new lines and they are just not up to the quality that i know i can deliver.

Also a factor in this is that the owner of this truck hangs out (works) with a lot of professional athletes and it just takes one of them to see his truck to change my life in a major way.... so back to the drawing board!

So as long as i dont snag any of the lines on the buffer wheel i think im done bending copper hard line.....

Now i can say that it is done to the very best of my ability. Sure someone else could do it better but i think this is a good as i can do.

20191120_145939_zpst1xyvewt.jpg

The four lines that go to the driver side are not secured to their mount. When they are the spacing will be spot on.

Enjoy!

Just a suggestion...have you considered powder coating those nicely bent tubes in a copper metal flake finish? It might look really sharp.

I did consider seracoating them with clear but the customer dont want the extra cost.
Im just buffing them to a high shine and spraying them with clear.

Only one line is polished in the new pic.
If i lived near @CudaChick1968 then yes. I would powdercoat every thing!

So as long as i dont snag any of the lines on the buffer wheel i think im done bending copper hard line.....
Now i can say that it is done to the very best of my ability. Sure someone else could do it better but i think this is a good as i can do.

View attachment 1715426223

The four lines that go to the driver side are not secured to their mount. When they are the spacing will be spot on.

Enjoy!
Looks better, not saying the 2 45’s looked worse, the 90 bends suits it better.

Need to bend the hard line for this project as well. (This is a members car so it dam sure better look perfect or you all will know....)

20191120_145737_zpszykfydko.jpg

Mosher custom 8 3/4 housing, 3.73? SG. custom axles, willwood disk conversion, new drive shaft, four way adjustable coilovers and four link.

She should launch hard.

:steering:

-
Back