Bergman steering unit!

-

jmwuva05

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got my power steering unit pump and gearbox from Bergman and all I can say is amazing piece of equipment and wonderful customer service. He hooked me up with a complete kit including pump and all the proper lines which are also of impressive quality. I will post some pics of it by the factory unit tomorrow when I get a chance to get back in my shop with the car.

Def post some pics
Will do. Cleaning up my k member for a fresh coat of paint before I install. Physically the new unit is heavier than the manual box but overall the form factor seems tighter especially in the areas that matter

Here is the powered steering unit from Peter compared to the factory manual box

Here is the powered steering unit from Peter compared to the factory manual box

20211016_200617.jpg

20211016_200617.jpg

What`s wrong with the manual box? wore out?
If still tight, I may be interested.
I wanted power steering is why I am changing. My wife wants to be able to drive the car too and she is rather small at 5''4" and 120 lbs. It doesn't seem to have much slop in it for something nearly 50 years old. As I still haven't decided on exhaust I figured I would go with this modern unit. I can't say enough good about Peter Bergman he really knows his stuff. Along with the steering box I got the new pump and all the correct lines. He also has me a flaming river column and tuff wheel coming soon.

That's a tiny power steering gearbox compared to the factory Chrysler one. That awesome. Keep us posted on how it turns out. Peter's a good dude.

I want to know more. I am tired of the 'slop' in the PS in my 69 Barracuda. Everything is new or rebuilt, and it it still a bit sloppy. Let us know about the installation and drivability.

-
Back