best 440 inlet/carb also air leaks help

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
:banghead:hello, and happy holidays to you all. have ongoing air leak on my 440, it has 906 heads, edelbrock performer dual plane intake a proform 750 vac sec carb with no choke mechanism. i have a vacuum leak between carb and inlet AND on gthe centres of inlet to heads, twice i have stripped,cleaned and on second time used permatex rtv sealant, it seend ok initially but after some 10 miles leaking, bad, here are my theories< maybe bizzare but there>the inlet could be warping with heat or maybe not suitable to iron heads and not sitting right from the off,or because my carb has no choke and is a b,stard to start ie loads of throttle pumping and occasional flames could that much fuel pouring down and not igniting be breaking down the sealant? yup yup this may be clutching ay straws but i am well confused! i am tempted to try and replace the inlet carb settup, the car is street use so any suggestions would be welcome, many thanks for any input, ps i did have the face of the inlet to head checked by engineer and if flat buuuut it may have been skimmed at some point and not sitting properly, who knows, tempted to pick up old iron inlet to see if that cures it, many thanks in advance, nathan.

get thick mr gasket gaskets and put them under the pan use hylomar.....

-
Back