Best 6.1 Hemi A-Body swap oil pan & pickup?

-

JBrian

Reaction score
It looks like I overlooked picking up an oil pan & pickup for my 6.1 1971 Duster swap using the stock bisket K-Member and torsion bar. Recommendations please.

Some may argue that it's the best(or not), but, the most affordable is the Milodon. I've used a half dozen of these, with the factory gasket/windage tray with great success. Available through Summit Racing.

I was NOT impressed with the quality of the Milodon pan, windage tray and pickup. They may or may not have fixed the problems I had. I sent them a letter with photos of all the problems - never heard back. That made me really unimpressed!!!
SRT8CUDA Build
Jim

I was NOT impressed with the quality of the Milodon pan, windage tray and pickup. They may or may not have fixed the problems I had. I sent them a letter with photos of all the problems - never heard back. That made me really unimpressed!!!
SRT8CUDA Build
Jim
Just read trough your post. Is it safe to say that the real problem was windage tray? I've not ever been impressed with those. I just use the factory gasket. Haven't had any leaks or other issues yet. Not defending Milodon in any way, shape, or form. Just passing along my experiences. That is B.S. that they didn't contact you.

Yes, the major problem was the tray. I believe you can use the factory tray, but not 100% sure. It us definitely best to use a tray. That crank can whip up a lot of oil.

-
Back