Best aluminum replacement radiator for 340 4 spd.

-

JF900

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
New here and I'm going through my 69 Dart that I just picked up. Need to replace the radiator and would like to hear everyone's suggestions. Not concerned with popular brand names just looking for quality and good value. I've got a fair amount of things I'd like to do and don't want to throw money at it.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

I had my stock radiator recored with a 3 row 5/8" tube core, stock fan shroud and Hayden short shaft fan clutch. Ran the car around this weekend and never went over 185 (180 thermostat) sitting in traffic and temps were in the 80's. Motor is a 410 stroker making a little over 510hp at the crank.

Be Cool direct fit in my Dart, almost 16 years now. No issues. Worth it in my opinion.

Lots of folks have Champion radiators. Verify your 69' has the lower radiator hose on the drivers side in case someone swapped it to a 70-newer aluminum water pump which is on the passenger side.

Lots of opinions on this in this forum, just search. Me, I decided to go with the Champion radiator and the Countour dual electric fans based on 72blunblu and goldstar318. I received the parts this week.

-
Back