Best and most accurate Oil pressure gauge on the market

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
Tell me what you are running I want a accurate gauge I am looking at the Dakota Digital slx-03-1-k digital with oil sender electric what are your thoughts thanks for all advice

Tell me what you are running I want a accurate gauge I am looking at the Dakota Digital slx-03-1-k digital with oil sender electric what are your thoughts thanks for all advice
If you look at what engine builders and mecaniks like me are using its often a mecanical guage to mesure oil pressure,a big liquide filld guage whid diferent fittings,in my cars i always use mecanical guages they have newer faild and are as accurate as can be,but thats just me

Mechanical gauge with copper line. The nylon line has been known to burst. And when that happens under the dash it makes a huge Fing mess..

I have VDO gauges in my car..

I like Auto Meter (not so much their "auto gage" line, those are "imported") as they haven't done me wrong yet, and are American made too!

I run an auto meter electric with a mechanical backup. They read damn close to the same

Is +/- 0.5% accurite enough for you?

McMaster Carr grade 2A pressure gauge

Screenshot_20220601-120642.png

The real question is how accurate do you need it to be?

upload_2022-6-1_12-16-3.png

Nothing digital.

The only place I ever ran digital gauges was on my circle track car. Temp and Oil. Made is easier to see at night and at a glance.

For street cars, I agree with you.

I agree with the high end liquid filled. That said, I've never, ever seen the nylon line burst. Never. I've seen them get melted in exhaust, get a hole chaffed in them, seen the ends pop out of the ferrule from not being installed correctly, but never just burst for the hell of it. As long as you route it smartly, like along the same path as the wiring harness, for example, you won't have a problem.

I've been warned about the nylon lines as well, & mine always made me nervous because of that, but I've never known anybody to have one burst either.

I have seen the small copper line break before. Broke right off at the connection to the engine. I think though, had there been a loop or two there, that would have prevented it. I still prefer nylon over the copper. The best is the braided steel and I may upgrade to that.

I agree with the high end liquid filled. That said, I've never, ever seen the nylon line burst. Never. I've seen them get melted in exhaust, get a hole chaffed in them, seen the ends pop out of the ferrule from not being installed correctly, but never just burst for the hell of it. As long as you route it smartly, like along the same path as the wiring harness, for example, you won't have a problem.
Technically, if you run a car at the strip (and IF tech inspection looks, and they wont) the plastic oil line is not legal. I don't care for the copper line either, on a car with rubber motor mounts, engine movement can work harden and crack the copper.
I run a braided teflon line into the car to a mechanical oil pressure gauge, and also from my fuel isolater to an inside fuel pressure gauge.
I simply don't believe an electric pressure gauge can possibly read as quickly as a mechanical. If losing pressure momentarily under braking or acceleration, you won't see it with an electric gauge. My opinion only.
As for most accurate, for automotive use I would have NO problem with any name brand mechanical, SW, VDO, or Autometer. I'm sure there are others. I've used all three of those mentioned.

Last edited:
-
Back