Best for cleaning concrete shop floor

-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looked and cannot find "the best" idea. What do my fellow Mopar Heads use to clean there shop floor, mine has rust stains, looks bad. Any thoughts? I have pressure washed the heck out of it and it not bad, but stubborn stains....Thanks!

Muriatic acid sold at many hardware or big box stores (lowes, etc). Have plenty of air circulation (SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!)

treblig

CLR? maybe
whink-rust-remover-works-well-on-carpeting-21763223.jpg

I think most are just a light acid. also try vinegar and salt.

Yes to muratic acid. Read about it first. Do not store it next to anything you don't want destroyed. Especially avoid leaving it in open containers. It is also hazardous waste. You need to neutralize it before disposal. CLR is a little friendlier.

I use muratic acid in my pool, I have some, Thanks^^^^

I use muratic acid in my pool, I have some, Thanks^^^^
Remember that stuff eats the mortar! When we do concrete walls and we tried to give it that old look we'd peel the panels off a little early and put that acid on it. It's exactly what it sounds like , acid and it will burn through anything. Like your concrete floor!

Wear eye protection and a respirator . It can blind you and kill you from the fumes if you aren't careful when using it. I clean brick with it and have used it on concrete as well.It works great but be careful

Me personally I have a few big chunks of carpet remnants. I like rolling around on the soft carpet.

A "few" years back, the owner of a shop I worked at, had us, once a month, pour out all the core batteries we had onto the floor and then scrub it with brooms ! I went through a few pairs of shoes working there !

A "few" years back, the owner of a shop I worked at, had us, once a month, pour out all the core batteries we had onto the floor and then scrub it with brooms ! I went through a few pairs of shoes working there !
Glad to see you're still alive to talk about it!

Glad to see you're still alive to talk about it!
You can do serious damage to your lungs real quick with this stuff. I have read more than one story in the news about some idiot being overcome and dying from the fumes that it gives off as it eats the masonry . If OSHA knew about what this guy was doing he'd be taken away in cuffs

Can't help with the rust stains but.......
As soon as possible after spilling oil, gear lube, whatever, I sop it up with paper towels, then spray it with brake cleaner and dab it again with paper towels. Not 100% clean but it helps a lot.

Remember that stuff eats the mortar! When we do concrete walls and we tried to give it that old look we'd peel the panels off a little early and put that acid on it. It's exactly what it sounds like , acid and it will burn through anything. Like your concrete floor!
that's why it works... taking a layer off and the stains with it. Do it too often and the cream of the concrete will be gone.

-
Back