Best kit for total rear drum brake resto

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Who has the most/best complete resto kit of rear 10" drums brake parts? While the backs are apart it would be a good time to totally replace everything. Thanks

I got mine from PST, it is good stuff. No set that I know of will come with everything, you will have to re-use the E-brake struts and levers. Those oval anti-rattle springs for the E-brake struts are not included in the PST kit but you can get them from NAPA for a few bucks.

I got mine from PST, it is good stuff. No set that I know of will come with everything, you will have to re-use the E-brake struts and levers. Those oval anti-rattle springs for the E-brake struts are not included in the PST kit but you can get them from NAPA for a few bucks.
And some of the E brake struts are now available for many applications. Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

ebrake struts.jpg

Last edited:
You can see what Dr. Diff has in his kits at Mopar Rear Drum Brake Rebuild Kit

That right there would be the most complete kit that I’ve seen. And DoctorDiff is a great resource for knowledge and has great customer service.

If you wanted to put your own kit together you could probably do it cheaper at RockAuto depending on the how much of it was discounted and if you could get all of it to ship from the same warehouse. But if you couldn’t shipping would quickly eliminate your savings. Plus you’d have their complete lack of customer service if anything was wrong.

I bought the PST kit several years ago (for all 4 corners) and was able to muddle my way through. Do note that my kit did not come with one of the correct springs (I don't recall which one, but it's one of the lower springs). One hook end was 90* out of phase, so to speak, and wouldn't properly seat in the front shoe. I called and emailed with PST, and they were helpful enough to tell me that was the only type of that spring they had. I even sent them a photo of my old, correct spring next to their new, incorrect spring, but they basically told me to pound sand.
So all that being said, don't throw away your old hardware and parts until you have it all back together. Oh, and only do one wheel at a time! Ask me how I know...

-
Back