Best leaf springs for A body with Slide a link

-

Its420

Reaction score
I'm building my first "drag "car, and was wondering what is the best leaf spring to use with the Slide a link?.

The car will be gutted, 8pt roll bar, 416 stroker, 727 auto, and 1 seat. I have made a fiberglass hood ,and front bumper, and wil relocate the battery.

Thanks Todd

Welcome aboard. I just read your interest. Your gonna fit in good here. :D

I think I would look in to a set of calvert racing mono leafs to go with the lide-a-links. If not a set of stock replacements would work. Dont use the super stock springs with it. they will work against each other. :thumrigh:

I was using Caltrac bars with stock springs. It was better than stock springs with clamps and snubber, but still wouldn't hook consistently. When i switched to Calvert monoleaf springs it hooked every time. I made a pass in the rain. I was annoyed they hadn't stopped racing and I thought it would spin badly, it didn't spin at all. Their stock height spring was too high. I told them, they sent me 1" inch lower, I swapped and sent the stock height back.

I'm just getting the roll bar put in and having the springs relocated. we lowered the ride height and moved the rearend back 1 1/2 inches to allow a bigger tire.

it sounds like the mono leaf is the way to go soo far. Thanks for the reply

Todd

-
Back