Best New Rallye Wheel?

-

DustyEd

Reaction score
I went on Summit Racing and discovered they sell three brands of Rallye wheels. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best brand of wheel and wheel center cap? The choices are 1) Wheel Vintiques, 2) Coker (Specialty Wheel), or 3) US Wheel. I have heard some of these reproduction wheel center caps have a problem fitting on the wheels. Also, I would like to hear from someone who has bought the CHROME type rallye wheel and whether they like them. I'll be putting these on a VO2 two-tone rallye red / black velvet top 1970 Duster 340. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

I have the wheel vintique wheels. I also bought new center caps and they fit great. 4 years later and they still look great.

Lots of people have great things to say about wheel vintiques. I have originals but think they look pretty good

20190712_163637.jpg

Those aren't original looking wheels IMO. The Vintiques are good. I bought mine from Summit and did have to return a few for paint defects. Summit was good with that. I am not a fan of how the centers are welded in on the 15x7's. The trim rings don't fit properly. Like the center is welded in on the wrong side.

Those aren't original looking wheels IMO. The Vintiques are good. I bought mine from Summit and did have to return a few for paint defects. Summit was good with that. I am not a fan of how the centers are welded in on the 15x7's. The trim rings don't fit properly. Like the center is welded in on the wrong side.
I agree, I just noticed they were 17 inch wheels too.

U used the 15x6 and 15x7 wheel vintiques from jegs some years ago. My were fine and still are fine. Everything fit. Center cones I ordered from dealer as well as the trim rings then. Went in like factory!

I have sold Specialty / Coker ralley , magnum and steel wheels for many years and had very few returns. If there is a return , it gets taken care of , no problem.

Frank Long
The Wheel Guy

Are you saying the wheels are reversed ??
If the rim shell was reversed you would never be able to attempt to put a trim ring on it. There is no step in the rim shell on the backside. Ralley and Magnum 500 wheels , especially , because they have a small 12.25 inch center in them. That is a big step down , compared to just a standard steel wheel , at 13.25 inches.

Frank

Are you saying the wheels are reversed ??
If the rim shell was reversed you would never be able to attempt to put a trim ring on it. There is no step in the rim shell on the backside. Ralley and Magnum 500 wheels , especially , because they have a small 12.25 inch center in them. That is a big step down , compared to just a standard steel wheel , at 13.25 inches.

Frank
If I can find some photos I will post them to explain.

Yes , toolmanmike , please post the pic , I am curious...

Frank
OK let me explain, The rim itself has a sharp bend on the outside (shown in the last photo) that interferes with the trim rings. I don't have aphoto of the backside but the bend is more of a taper. Almost like they welded the centers in backwards. My fronts are 15x6's and the trim rings go clear to the center. The rears are 15x7's and the trim rings ride on that sharp bend and don't get close to the centers. In fact they don't sit flat to the rim because of it. It makes the trim ring wobble because it doesn't fit flush.

962.jpg

963.jpg

20160417_162548-1.jpg

wheel drop.jpg

I need to look and see if I can get the 5 on 4 1/2 in a 14 inch wheel, I just like the 14 inch look on my early A body like these I had, I think 15 inch may look to big for the look I want to keep I will be ordering custom 4 inch wide fronts and 6 for the rear.
So, can I buy 14" wheels you think ?

Victoria 7.jpg

1966-plymouth-valiant-signet-muscle-cars-muscle-cars-for-sale-2016-02-28-1-1024x768.jpg

I need to look and see if I can get the 5 on 4 1/2 in a 14 inch wheel, I just like the 14 inch look on my early A body like these I had, I think 15 inch may look to big for the look I want to keep I will be ordering custom 4 inch wide fronts and 6 for the rear.
So, can I buy 14" wheels you think ?

View attachment 1715415511

View attachment 1715415512
Should be able to. I ordered 2 14x6's for the front for my Swinger.

Are your Cragars actual 5 on 4 or are they unilug type? I was looking at these, but the info. I found stated they were only available in the unilug holes, not straight bored. Let me know, I'm very curious.
The 5x4's are predrilled. I believe lately Cragar has been selling predrilled in 4 1/2'' bolt circle.

-
Back