Best replacement for B water pump housing?

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my cast iron water pump housing with an aluminum upgrade. It’s going into my 67 383. I’m hoping to find an aluminum replacement that is as close as the OEM cast iron but lightweight aluminum. I’ve heard of some people switching over and pulleys not lining up or the dimensions are different. I want to avoid that. Any suggestions for an aluminum upgrade bolt everything back to together and go?

I bought the 440 Source aluminum housing, pump and thermostat housing. Works fine on race only car

I could not believe how heavy that old cast iron puppy is.

Local guy I know had one of the MP pieces that someone had cut down .375" for motor plate. He does stock restos so he didn't have a use for it, offered it to me for $30.

B, RB and Hemi all use the same water pump housing so you don't need to just look for a B housing.

I used the 440 source housing and pump on my race car. Everything looked and worked great, made a big improvement on my engine temps and saved lots of weight. I will be using more of them.

I’m looking to replace my cast iron water pump housing with an aluminum upgrade. It’s going into my 67 383. I’m hoping to find an aluminum replacement that is as close as the OEM cast iron but lightweight aluminum. I’ve heard of some people switching over and pulleys not lining up or the dimensions are different. I want to avoid that. Any suggestions for an aluminum upgrade bolt everything back to together and go?
FWIW
I used the 440 source housing and pump with the OE brackets on a ‘78 - 400 without issues.

-
Back