Best Street Names

-
There was an unfinished development about 30 min Northeast of me for the longest time.
There were dozens of streets paved, lots graded, fire hydrants and street signs....and NO HOUSES.

...but there were only TWO names of streets.

Every one of them was named either "Green" or "Big Black".

Green Rd
Green St
Green Ct
Green Ln
Green way

Big Black Rd
Big Black St

ETC ETC

DOZENS!!!

It sat that way from at least 1988 when I first saw it (probably several years earlier) until about 2006 or so, and finally houses were built.

Then it was really funny to see brand new houses and 30 year old streets all cracked and potholed.

Here we have "Gayman Drive". We've been looking for houses recently, and in one of the towns we looked we found "Sesame Street". Near that was "Big Bird Lane" and "Cookie Monster Lane". I told my wife that if that's the town we end up in, we HAVE to go to a gas station and ask someone, "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?" :D

I saw a "high street" once, but I can't remember where...

I saw a good one once following sabre.mill to his garage and mentioned to him that I wanted to steal that sign. I can't remember what it was now.

Hey sabre.mill, if you see this, post up. What was the name of that street that I mentioned to you after following you that night?

In Detroit off of I-75 (I guess it's really Troy, MI)

Exit #69 is called "Big Beaver Road" :cheers: (aka 16 mile road)...

True story, I ain't sh!ttin....

Lyin', cryin', haven't shed a tear....

Just outside of town, on the side of the ridge is Ridge Rd. (no duh :D ) and on Ridge Rd, there's a private drive called "Dire Straits":glasses7: Halfway between where I live and town are 2 roads called "Roundhouse Rd." and "Skunk Hollow" (3 guesses why that one has its name...)

Anyone who's from PA, or drove through PA enough times, has undoubtedly had a few laughs on each road trip. With towns like "Middlesex", "Intercourse", "Blue Ball", and more decorating the side of the highway in the form of Exit signs.

About 30 - 40 minutes outside of Pittsburgh is a small business of some kind called "Drive-Thru Climax" :prayer: Not exactly sure what they specialize in... :D But it was one hell of a laugh for everyone in the car when we saw that big sign on our way to a concert that night. :D

Hotrod Hill in Pickens SC
There is or was a automotive machine shop located on this road too.
Was several years ago, don't know if the ol' guy is still in business.

We have a
Lois Lane
Tater Ridge Rd
Coon Hollar Rd
Devil Axe Rd
Steam Furnace Rd
and that was just in the post office that I was assigned to, one of the others I worked out of now and again had a Pecker Pod Rd.

We have Voodoo street and Paine Farm road.

Voodoo street I believe was named after a type of Air Force jet . It's near the air base.

Saugus-Swampscott line in MA: Dungeon Avenue.
Raymond, NH: Wight Street.
Mobile,AL: I35 South Service Road East Cutoff. (Seriously)

In West Chester, Ohio (northern suburb of Cincinnati) there is an intersection that the city can't put up street signs because they always get stolen. It's at the intersection of Grinn and Barrett. Not too far from this intersection is Cox Road. There is a International House of Pancakes (IHOP) on said road. It didn't take long for them to change the way they answered the phone..."Hello, IHOP on Cox". True story

Beaver Avenue in State College, PA
High Street in Millheim, PA
Four Wheel Drive in Rebersburg, PA

I'm sure there's lots more round here, but that's all that come to mind right now.

Forgot:
Race Street and Race Alley, both in Millheim, PA.

Also, I live just a few miles from Hairy Johns state park.

I saw a "high street" once, but I can't remember where...

The only High Street I personally know of is in Columbus, OH.

What I have always wondered about is a street (road?) here called "Franklin Street Road". Which is it? A street or a road?

I kinda like this one, here in Sacramento.
Klingon Court.
But don't know if we have any Romulans around.

-
Back