Best Years for the 318 LA?

-
Which totally reminds me. If you scroll up a bit. You'll see some pics. The block is in a wood crate. What size and were can I attach some bolts safely and lift it from there? Again. Bare block. And only me doing the "lifting"

When I was in my 40's I'd lift a bare Mopar smallblock out of my trunk and walk it into the parts store to have it cleaned and machined. I'd stick my arms in bore # 1 and #4 and grab the main caps. I weighed about 170 pounds so the look at the parts counter when I walked in carrying a block that weighed as much as me was priceless. I could also attach the engine stand plate and lift it up into the stand.
"Young, Dumb and full of C.." may have a lot to do with it. :lol:

At 66 years old I can scoot one around the garage but use a picker now to lift it up high.

3/8-16 on the bellhousing and 1/2-13on the decks. I like a chain in the deck holes corner to corner on the block. Lifting aids are more than acceptable. I’ve got the scars to prove it and am probably about to get some more of the minimally invasive type.

When I was in my 40's I'd lift a bare Mopar smallblock out of my trunk and walk it into the parts store to have it cleaned and machined. I'd stick my arms in bore # 1 and #4 and grab the main caps. I weighed about 170 pounds so the look at the parts counter when I walked in carrying a block that weighed as much as me was priceless. I could also attach the engine stand plate and lift it up into the stand.
"Young, Dumb and full of C.." may have a lot to do with it. :lol:

At 66 years old I can scoot one around the garage but use a picker now to lift it up high.
Yah I hear yah there. Too many injuries from football and hockey caught up. But yes. I'd probably be dumb enough to try.

3/8-16 on the bellhousing and 1/2-13on the decks. I like a chain in the deck holes corner to corner on the block. Lifting aids are more than acceptable. I’ve got the scars to prove it and am probably about to get some more of the minimally invasive type.
Appreciate that. I'll get some grade 8s and some washers just "because" I have a tow strap I may use. Good for 2k lbs.

Yah I hear yah there. Too many injuries from football and hockey caught up. But yes. I'd probably be dumb enough to try.
Oh yeah, I feel your pain! You know what they say, “If you’re going to be dumb, ya gotta be tough”!

-
Back