Beware of member Packers6947

Mopar General Discussions

1. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:07 AM
    I'm posting this because I don't want anyone else to get screwed over by this guy. I paid $335 for a set of Kelsey Hayes brakes last month about week or two before Thanksgiving. He told me he'd ship them out a few days later and give me the tracking number. I didn't hear anything from him so I emailed him and asked if he shipped it and he gave me the usual excuse about being too busy and that he'd get it out a couple days later.

Couple more days go by and I don't hear anything so I tell him to just refund my money. He emails me back and says that the brakes are in the mail. I ask him for a tracking number and that's the last time I heard from him. That was 18 days ago. He's been AWOL ever since.

I filed a claim with Paypal and hopefully I'll hear the news in the next day or two that they'll be refunding my money. He hasn't responded to the claim at all so I don't see why they wouldn't.

It says he hasn't been on here since 12/6 but who knows if he has another name. His Paypal info says his name is Joseph Smith and that he's from Colorado. No idea if any of that is true but just wanted to put a warning out there just in case. If you know him, kindly knock on his door and punch him in the face for me.

2. 69MOPE

69MOPE Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    "If you know him, kindly knock on his door and punch him in the face for me."
    I love old school justice. :salute:

3. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    "Neighborhood Justice" is often more effective than the police..

thnx for the heads-up..

4. Nite Moves

Nite Moves Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you get your money back but i have a feeling he has no cash in his paypal and people like this usually close it and go on with another one. Best of luck and thanks for the heads up.

5. 71Scamper

71Scamper Mopar runs thru my veins!

Local Time:
    Joseph Smith? Might as well used John Smith for his personal info! I hate hearing about shit like this. I wish I could help you out with This.

I helped out another member with getting information about a dead beat machine shop owner who closed his doors while in possession of his matching numbers 340. He got his motor back! I hope it will end the same for you too.

6. CudaChris67

CudaChris67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    luckily buyer protection is a type of insurance from paypal- paypal pays you (if they rule in your favor) and collection from the deadbeat is their problem.

Definitely worth the 3% charge!

7. SGBARRACUDA

SGBARRACUDA ROY FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Don't count on that. Had it happen to me and I didn't get a penny back. They will refund your money IF, he has money in his account or a valid credit card to back the Pay Pal acct.

8. 63 MorePar

63 MorePar Electric Larry

Local Time:
    His bio. says he's in CO Springs. We got quite a few members on that side of the hill. A little visit from another member my wake his ass up. Usually, when you use pay-pal for a transaction you'll see his address and personal email. Got any more info? Hopefully you did not send it as a "friend and family". :wack: For sure leave him a neg. feedback.

9. gtmopar

gtmopar Phuckin A!

Local Time:
    Think its happened to all of us once. That's bullshit man I'm sorry to hear. Hope it works out. PayPal is pretty good about protecting its customers so they should have your back.

10. fastcorgigarage

fastcorgigarage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    I have had this happens more than once (but luckily not from this site.) and paypal never got my money back. People open up paypal accounts using walmart prepaid cards, and then they just let the account lay dormant. Then they start a new email, buy a new prepaid card, and start all over again.

I hope it works out for man and I agree that this is absolute bullshit.

11. jos51700

jos51700 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sure he's not in Salt Lake City area?

• Like Like x 1
    • LIME TWIST DART

LIME TWIST DART Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you see your money. If you end up needing another Kelsey Hayes setup, let me know. I am getting ready to remove them from my '69. Good luck.

• ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Now you guys have me scared that Paypal might not give me a refund. I didn't send it as a gift so I'm at least protected on that front. I did a lot of research and found a decent amount of information about him but I'm not going to post it until I find out about what Paypal is going to do. He said he's in the Army and some research online shows that he most likely is. Paypal doesn't show his address but that can be found by other means if it gets to that point. It it does I'll be posting his information for everyone to see so feel free to show up to his door and extract the money yourself. If you do, you can keep it and buy your wife or kids Christmas presents. That's a lot more satisfying that this thief keeping it.

• ZooKypr

ZooKypr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Sorry to hear...A similar thing happened to me before but after I did a post about him on FABO he wised up and sent my money back. Keep us posted especially if Paypal does the right thing for you. Friggin' Mopar posers, probably a Chebby owner!

• 63 MorePar

63 MorePar Electric Larry

Local Time:
      Hopefully it won't go that far. Shit happens and maybe he is on some sort of assignment. Here's hopping he stands up and takes care of business. I would hope if he is a service man that he might be prouder than that and not a common thief. Good luck! Fingers crossed for 'Ya. Don't let it ruin your holidays. Just think, you could have done all your Christmas shopping at Target! LOL! Could be worse.

• grassy

grassy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      3:07 PM
      I lost over 400...paypal wouldn't refund..guy had no money in his account...duh..

I learned that I take paypal from mt cc because they will refund..paypal is sleezy...

• diymirage

diymirage HP@idle > hondaHP@redline

Local Time:
      sorry to hear it man

but if it makes you feel any better, you are amongst thousands of people who fell for this Joseph Smith...i believe he was peddling some gold tablets or something, then when people wanted to see them, same story...couldn't find the tablets

• grimreaper

grimreaper Cross Member

Local Time:
      12:07 PM
      diymirage- hilarious!!!

• hemi446

hemi446 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOST HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK OUT IN YOUR FAVOR. DO YOU NEED KELSEY HAYES BRAKES OR ARE YOU JUST WANTING TO DO A DISC BRAKE CONVERSION. IF YOU JUST WANT TO DO A CONVERSION I MAY HAVE SOME OF THE STUFF TO PUT THE LARGE BOLT PATTERN SINGLE PISTON CALIBERS ON AND IF THAT WORKS I WILL SEE WHAT I HAVE. AND IF I HAVE WHAT YOU NEED I'LL SHIP IT TO YOU FOR FREE JUST TO HELP OFF SET THE F'ING ASS SIDE OF THE SCALE PM ME IF INTERESTED, BUT I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE GET F'ED OVER IN THIS WORLD WHEN YOUR IN A HOBBY THAT IS BASED ON TRUTH AND HONESTY MORE THAN ANY OTHER I CAN THINK OF BUT THEIRS ALWAYS ONE OUT THERE.

• Vitamin c

Vitamin c Vitamin c FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I myself am giving a brand new member one more week to ship a part that I purchased after he responded to a wanted add I posted. He wont answer emails or pm's I've notified a moderator and will post a "bad member alert" next week if no action.

• 68gtxman

68gtxman I used to reMember

Local Time:
      I hate people who use a fake Smith name to rip other people off! I'm one Smith of many hundreds of thousands whose word is his bond. Sorry to hear about this probably fake Smith's nefarious actions. Hope you get a refund!

• cuda guy

cuda guy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Always pay Paypal buy Visa or Amex
      Than make a claim thru ur credit card as a fraud

I have been fukked by Paypal and Visa gets ur money back fast

Rick

• tekslk

tekslk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Ive dealt with 68gtxman He is a man of his word. Do you still have those small bolt pattern wheels?

• 169dart4y

169dart4y Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I second this always use a visa and get your money back from visa not paypal.

• 68er

68er 68Dart GT

Local Time:
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.