Big Block crank question

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have a guy selling 3 BB Mopar cranks. Is there any difference in a 413 and a 440 steel crank?

The dimensions are the same but the 413 cranks usually have a couple of long sprues left on them for some reason. Guess the factory didn't trim them off like they did on the 440 and later cranks. If you post a picture it is usually fairly easy to spot the difference.

I did a little research and found out that some of the truck 413 cranks were 8 bolt, some had no centering register and spacing from the block was different at the rear past the seal. From what I have found,if the cranks have no center hub on the rear to stay away from it. I'm going to a guys house that has them for sale. I let you know what I find.

I knew the hubs could be different. I believe it's '66 where they start with the larger hub size with the 440s. I never knew about the 8 bolt flanges though. Learn something new every day!

I have a guy selling 3 BB Mopar cranks. Is there any difference in a 413 and a 440 steel crank?

I`m running a 413 crank in my 470 stroker and it had the tangs described but I cut/ground em off and cut down the counter weights to fit in my 400 block. 14 years later and a handfull of 9-second time slips and all`s good.............

-
Back