Big block in Dart: transmission fill tube issue- tried everything! Help!!!

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
We have jimmy rigged the wrong fill tube for the tranny on their temporarily 2 years ago, it leaks out the bottom and is the wrong size and measurement...

The correct size doesnt fit because of the heater box and everything right there is in the way...

We tried a flexible tube but it won't sit at the right angle...

Anyone familiar with this issue? Anyone know the fix??? I have tried a tube for a big block dart, a different one, and a flexible one... Help!!!

We have jimmy rigged the wrong fill tube for the tranny on their temporarily 2 years ago, it leaks out the bottom and is the wrong size and measurement...

The correct size doesnt fit because of the heater box and everything right there is in the way...

We tried a flexible tube but it won't sit at the right angle...

Anyone familiar with this issue? Anyone know the fix??? I have tried a tube for a big block dart, a different one, and a flexible one... Help!!!
I HAD TO GO TO FLEXABLE TUBES ON MY TRANNY AND ENGINE BOTH. THE RIGHT ONES WILL WORK IF U CAN FIND THEM. FILLING THRU THE NEW TRANS FLEXABLE TUBE IS A LITTLE BIT OF A HASSLE , BUT HOW MANY TIMES U GONNA FILL IT AFTER U GET IT RIGHT?. YOUR DART IS NO SMALLER THAN MY 68 FASTBACK.--dam, I cant stay of the caps button !

No difference in the tube on any other big block engine as far as I remember. Here is one that I helped build, a factory GSS 440, you can see where the tube comes out.

silver gss engine - Copy.jpg

I HAD TO GO TO FLEXABLE TUBES ON MY TRANNY AND ENGINE BOTH. THE RIGHT ONES WILL WORK IF U CAN FIND THEM. FILLING THRU THE NEW TRANS FLEXABLE TUBE IS A LITTLE BIT OF A HASSLE , BUT HOW MANY TIMES U GONNA FILL IT AFTER U GET IT RIGHT?. YOUR DART IS NO SMALLER THAN MY 68 FASTBACK.--dam, I cant stay of the caps button !
Which ones did u use? U remember???

In the couple of big block A body conversions that I have done I used factory big block 727 tubes with the tab under the trans to engine bolt, as factory, with no issues or leakage. I have not heard of interference problems before. Did you start with a big block 727 tube?

In the couple of big block A body conversions that I have done I used factory big block 727 tubes with the tab under the trans to engine bolt, as factory, with no issues or leakage. I have not heard of interference problems before. Did you start with a big block 727 tube?
where do you get a factory big block A body part??? please help...

Not specific to an A body. You should be able to use any big block 727 tube, 67 to 79. I believe 66 and earlier are different, they have a tab on the bottom for a bolt.

If you post in the wanted section here I am sure that someone will have one.

Which ones did u use? U remember???
don`t remember exactly, found them both on ebay , specifically for a 440, and a 727. They were cheaper than jegs and summit too !
I can just slide my fingers between my heads and firewall, no way could I make a stock trans. fill tube work, I ruined one trying .

The CRT locking transmission Dipstick I got worked great. It comes with the better seal too. My 73 Dart had a 440 with Indy EZ heads and 2 inch tube TTI headers. It bolted right in and I didn’t have to bend it etc to get it to fit.

FEB56770-34A7-4B96-8BFC-9C78ECE43D97.png

-
Back