bigblock A body radiator

motorhead446

Reaction score
I have a huge griffin radiator right now. Its a universal fit side tank 3 or 4 core (dont remember). I cannot use a clutch fan. I would like to use a correct size (26")? 2 core radiator in hopes of using the clutch fan with a shroud. an electric fan is not out of the question. The engine is a 493 bigblock, with auto trans that i plan to run in drag week. I do not know the horsepower at this point but we suspect 625 ish. Do you offer something that will work? I do not require correct location mounts and I can even modify( tig weld) the mounts to suit my needs if neccesary. Thanks

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I have a huge griffin radiator right now. Its a universal fit side tank 3 or 4 core (dont remember). I cannot use a clutch fan. I would like to use a correct size (26")? 2 core radiator in hopes of using the clutch fan with a shroud. an electric fan is not out of the question. The engine is a 493 bigblock, with auto trans that i plan to run in drag week. I do not know the horsepower at this point but we suspect 625 ish. Do you offer something that will work? I do not require correct location mounts and I can even modify( tig weld) the mounts to suit my needs if neccesary. Thanks

Ditch the 3-4 cores , get a two row , 1 1/4 tube --------------

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ditch the 3-4 cores , get a two row , 1 1/4 tube --------------
I also have a 440 Big Block 460-480hp. I think my current radiator is 2 core and on hot days the guage will climb and recover and once and a while burb a bit out the storage tank. I was considering an aluminum 3 core fore extra cooling peace of mind. (if it fits ahead of the clutch fan)> you mentioned a 2 core 1 1/4. Can you support that statement with a few facts that led you in that direction? Cheers Ron D

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I also have a 440 Big Block 460-480hp. I think my current radiator is 2 core and on hot days the guage will climb and recover and once and a while burb a bit out the storage tank. I was considering an aluminum 3 core fore extra cooling peace of mind. (if it fits ahead of the clutch fan)> you mentioned a 2 core 1 1/4. Can you support that statement with a few facts that led you in that direction? Cheers Ron D

its on my ca and works , witha lot more h.p. than you mentioned .
Getting the shortest clutch fan on is a ***** , with the 2 row /1 1/4'' core rad....Was going to reshowpics , but their on my desk top and havent been transferred to this chrome book ...

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Where did you get radiator with 1 1/4 rows. I am guessing the normal is 1” rows. Thanks Ron D

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While I have you on speed dial…… I am also looking to add a heat shield. Any ideas who supplies them for an 850 Carter, or are people using the generic type.

Last edited:

67Baccaruda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think Cold Case is interested in catering FABO folks. I posted here and never received a reply. I had called them prior to posting here. My application is an a new build A body 6.4 hemi with Classic Air a/c. I wanted to stay with a 22in radiator if possible. Guy on the other end commented to me that hanging an A/C condenser in front of a radiator was the same as hanging a piece of plywood in front of it. I ended up going another way. It is a 22" 2 Row with 1 1/4" tubes. Just got it looks great. It will be a while before I can try it out.