Bill Mitchell Products Introduces New Big-Block Aluminum Castings

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Just came across this article,
Probably not for everyone but always good to see NEW Mopar stuff coming to market.

Very Interesting!

https://moparconnectionmagazine.com...s-introduces-new-big-block-aluminum-castings/

Alum 440's.PNG

look interesting.
i got blocked from there sight.........lost interest!

:thumbsup:
no it's my add blocker pissing them off and blocking me.
I have no intentions of going to a BB any time soon so i don't need there advertising either.
If you have a ad blocker, they will block you to.

It would have been interesting to read, but I'm no customer so not willing to turn it off just to read the article.

:thumbsup:
no it's my add blocker pissing them off and blocking me.
I have no intentions of going to a BB any time soon so i don't need there advertising either.
If you have a ad blocker, they will block you to.

It would have been interesting to read, but I'm no customer so not willing to turn it off just to read the article.
I just click on the " yes, I've shut my blocker off" box (even though I haven't), and it loads fine for me?

Shannons engineering has had those on ebay for a few years
Not possible.
These aluminum blocks were redesigned and only started production in late 2019.
I bought a big bore (4.50) aluminum RB block for a 541 stroker. Modest power goals, 700 ft lbs torque across as flat and wide a RPM range as possible and let the horsepower fall where it will.
Going in a 70 V-code Roadrunner, and topped with a ModMan 6bbl.
Beep-Beep!
This is my actual block:thumbsup:
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg

Not possible.
I bought a big bore (4.50) aluminum RB block for a 541 stroker. Modest power goals, 700 ft lbs torque across as flat and wide a RPM range as possible and let the horsepower fall where it will.
Beep-Beep!
View attachment 1715726814 View attachment 1715726815

So what did that puppy cost , if u dont mind ??

Not that I can afford 1 now but I hope a low deck or 10.250 dh will be available

Is this who bought the designs in the mid- late 1980's (IIRC)?

...took 'em a while.

Whether I can afford one or not, I'm glad somebody's doin this.

Is this who bought the designs in the mid- late 1980's (IIRC)?
...took 'em a while.
I'm not sure about that, but Bill Mitchell made the cast iron Mopar "World" blocks for quite some time.
These are "new and improved" and aluminum.
More info available by searching the interwebs for "2019 Bill Mitchell aluminum Mopar block" or thereabouts.

Not possible.
Beep-Beep!
View attachment 1715726814 View attachment 1715726815

THOSE , MEANING ALUM. BLOCKS , THEY HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR A VERY LONG TIME -YEARS !

THOSE , MEANING ALUM. BLOCKS , THEY HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR A VERY LONG TIME -YEARS !
Ok, so I looked up Shannon's and yes, they have Mopar type Hemi and Wedge aluminum blocks. $11k?? "make offer"?
I wasn't aware of that, but still, the articles in 2019 announcing the BMP blocks state they are a redesign.
I'll ask Bill Mitchell this coming week and follow up.

Ok, so I looked up Shannon's and yes, they have Mopar type Hemi and Wedge aluminum blocks. $11k?? "make offer"?
I wasn't aware of that, but still, the articles in 2019 announcing the BMP blocks state they are a redesign.
I'll ask Bill Mitchell this coming week and follow up.

A guy I know turned up with a kieth black alum. wedge block at the race track this past year , gues they`ve had them and hemi`s all along .

WE WERE TALKING 440 BLOCKS
Well, "negotiating" via "make an offer" from $11,791 down to $5,800 is some SERIOUS negotiating if anyone has managed that! Boy, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was one of their customers that paid $9k via "make offer" and then saw they were selling the same product for $6k...
Besides, the one question I've asked BMP was handled by transferring me to...Bill Mitchell himself!
That reminds me, I haven't asked Bill about or if they're involved with these blocks and how. It sure seems like these are the same aluminum blocks, but like I said, NUMEROUS articles have stated they are redesigned and that happened in 2019.

Well, "negotiating" via "make an offer" from $11,791 down to $5,800 is some SERIOUS negotiating if anyone has managed that! Boy, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was one of their customers that paid $9k via "make offer" and then saw they were selling the same product for $6k...
Besides, the one question I've asked BMP was handled by transferring me to...Bill Mitchell himself!
That reminds me, I haven't asked Bill about or if they're involved with these blocks and how. It sure seems like these are the same aluminum blocks, but like I said, NUMEROUS articles have stated they are redesigned and that happened in 2019.

Thew 440 blocks I see on ebay are around 5000 or so , or best offer , ''dont remember'' , as I cant afford one anyway -------???
Feel the same way about making an offer tho !

How much weight is saved over the iron block? I’m interested to see how yours turns out because I want one

How much weight is saved over the iron block? I’m interested to see how yours turns out because I want one

A friend , has a fairly new k-b block and if I remember right he said it was only 90 something pounds liter than his mega block, ''which is heavier than a production block.''

-
Back