BLACK 67 BARRACUDA GRILL ?

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Has anyone painted there 67 barracuda grill black ? Pics ? Thinking of painting mine black. Just to be different & I think it would look good.

Really ? I am not going to stop talking the way I do & explaining things like I do GET THE **** OVER IT

there was a orange fish with black grille surrounds and other black accents. That look screamed Halloween to me but.... wasn't my car.
So first, look at the back of your 67 fish. You have small chrome trims on body color painted metal. The front could have been done the same but they took a short cut. Their low gloss argent goes on all and doesn't reflect the missing metal in the top of these surrounds. I've polished away all the argent to get a different look. I sometimes notice the reflection of missing surround top. I would like to paint it matching body paint red someday so front looks more like the rear. I want to complete their unfinished surround beforehand.

there was a orange fish with black grille surrounds and other black accents. That look screamed Halloween to me but.... wasn't my car.
So first, look at the back of your 67 fish. You have small chrome trims on body color painted metal. The front could have been done the same but they took a short cut. Their low gloss argent goes on all and doesn't reflect the missing metal in the top of these surrounds. I've polished away all the argent to get a different look. I sometimes notice the reflection of missing surround top. I would like to paint it matching body paint red someday so front looks more like the rear. I want to complete their unfinished surround beforehand.
Yea im the third owner & the grill is silver & the trunk molding is BLACK in the center

The grill MESH (egg crate) on a 67 is always black. The inner returns of the grill surround are argent. The edges of the surrounds are bright aluminum.

Cars of this era are designed to have brightwork trim. "Blackout" trim is an eighties import thing and IMO is not attractive on these cars. Painting the returns black is one thing, but the surrounds should be bright.

.. had a Hemi orange '70 Cuda, turned bracket car, with a blacked out grill.
Caught grief over the blacked out grill for years, til I finally changed it to '70 correct scheme
I was immediately rewarded for how great it looked too.

I painted the grill black on my red on black 1967 Barracuda coupe. But I also painted the surrounds satin black with polished edges. There's photos around I'll see what I can find.

I'm not racist but I am racerist! lol My 69

Lens1.jpg

-
Back