Blasphemy

-
Jesus. No, just No. First of all, if you're not smart enough to post your pics right side up, you don't belong in the gene pool. Please consult Darwin for further instructions. Secondly, I admit it's your car to do with as you please, but shoving a Chevy engine into a Mopar is sacrilege. I wouldn't take it if it was free.

Well that explains why the seller can't take pics correctly, interesting combo, and I'm sure only one of many such bastardizations. I'm by no means a purist, don't much care about numbers matching or any of that, but I don't believe in swaps of this nature.

I see worse every day. Like once decent restorable cars sitting and rotting into
the ground when the the owner says "not for sale or parts" an he can't get off the couch. I don't like the Dart much but at least the guy maybe used what he had
laying around and actually had the hustle to do something. If I had that Dart try
to sell the Chevy stuff and get mopar? but that is not even easy today.

I don't mind the chevy engine in the dart near as much as the sidways pix....what a tuckin refard.

id take it for free
slap a slant 6 in and take it to shows...nice nova

It's not that bad. Actually looks pretty nice. I'd offer him 8k for the roller if the K frame wasnt butchered to fit that Chevy engine there. and tell him he can keep the engine and trans. Ya I agree. Nice nova dude.

It's not that bad. Actually looks pretty nice. I'd offer him 8k for the roller if the K frame wasnt butchered to fit that Chevy engine there. and tell him he can keep the engine and trans. Ya I agree. Nice nova dude.
8k and a $250 k- frame is the deal breaker?

It all depends if I got one laying around to fit it at the time or not, and if i have the motivation at that time to swap it out. Never know, a butchered K could be a bargaining chip to knock the price down further. I wonder if it's got a GM 10 bolt under it too.

Last edited:
item no longer available..

from the little i can see from the old ad it looks to have a 350. be a lot nicer with a LS in it.

Jesus. No, just No. First of all, if you're not smart enough to post your pics right side up, you don't belong in the gene pool. Please consult Darwin for further instructions. Secondly, I admit it's your car to do with as you please, but shoving a Chevy engine into a Mopar is sacrilege. I wouldn't take it if it was free.
I’d take it for less than asking and fix it properly.

Just imagine the fun you would have if you went to the local parts store one day and had to explain the combination to a young guy behind the counter who hasn't even heard of a Chevy 350 let alone a '69 Dodge Dart.
Then go to a car show and piss off all of the Chevy and Mopar people there.
Only the Ford guys would enjoy it as everyone fought about it.............

Here ya go.

21894.jpg

downloadfile-2.png

IMG_8126.png

attachment-19.jpeg

Responses like these are the main reason I'm not doing a build thread on my 67 Valiant drag car. I don't have the time or inclination to explain why the most logical and cost effective route to low 10 second ET's are with an LS motor. I get brand loyalty and all that. And I have a ton of respect for anyone who can keep a 40 year old car all original. But as a hot rodder who just want's a strong car to run at Drag Week someday, running a Chevy engine and a Ford 9" makes way more sense to me. If I could build a 700HP naturally aspirated late model Hemi for even close to the same price, I'd run a Hemi. But, the cost isn't even close. Flame on...

As mentioned earlier, this type of swap is not my thing, but I will not diss anyone for doing whatever they want with their own car, I agree that LS motors make good power for cheap, that's what makes them attractive. I have a 1976 Pontiac Ventura, 2 owner car with 38k original miles on it, absolutely mint shape, never had a spot of rust, but born with an anemic 260 cubic inch Olds motor, has a turbo 350 and a 10 bolt diff in it. Have tried to sell it for 2 years now, well below appraised value, no takers. Seriously considering tossing a 5.3 or 6.0 LS in it when I finish the 75 Dart, then see how much interest it brings as a hot rod instead of a survivor.

I wish I could of put a Camaro sub frame under my aspen in my dirt car ,front steering, larger oil pan, more header clearance,could borrow tires if needed plus wouldn't need to carry so many extra parts to the track

item no longer available..

from the little i can see from the old ad it looks to have a 350. be a lot nicer with a LS in it.
What no longer available ????? Ok which ones of you guys bought it?
Seriously though I was considering going to look at the car and see if it was worth saving.
Hope it's going to a good home

Cept for the stupid picture presentation, the guy was smart. He didn't have to pay 800 plus bucks for disc brakes. He can rebuild his engine for 500 bucks. I don't see a down side. At least the car is on the road and not run through a crusher.

The pictures may have been bad but it sold

I'm sure it did! Who wants to crap around with Mopar assholes that think their used disc brakes are worth 500 plus bucks, or new kits that START at 800? The new owner can buy a whole FORGED piston rebuild kit for less than 500 bucks. What's not to like?

I'm sure it did! Who wants to crap around with Mopar assholes that think their used disc brakes are worth 500 plus bucks, or new kits that START at 800? The new owner can buy a whole FORGED piston rebuild kit for less than 500 bucks. What's not to like?
Not disagreeing with you totally here Rob, but don't you think it would be wiser to go ''all Chevy'' including the body?
The body and interior parts are way cheaper and as easily available as the drivetrain parts vs the Mopar stuff.
Then if you decided to sell the car down the road, i think it would be easier to sell and get more money than a hybrid.......

Not disagreeing with you totally here Rob, but don't you think it would be wiser to go ''all Chevy'' including the body?
The body and interior parts are way cheaper and as easily available as the drivetrain parts vs the Mopar stuff.
Then if you decided to sell the car down the road, i think it would be easier to sell and get more money than a hybrid.......

We don't know what his situation was. He may have used what he had.

-
Back