Blinker Indicator 1971 Duster

-

340wedge

Reaction score
I have the A01 light package and the fender mount signals work, exterior all work but the right side (passenger) side indicator doesn't flash on the dash either in turn signal or 4 way flasher mode. I have a new bulb, and the part the bulb goes in is new. I have twisted it in case the circuit board was the issue. My question is, where does the wire that goes to that bulb lead too, so I can test it all. Since the fender mounted signal works I don't know why the dash indicator doesn't. Thank You.

New bulbs do not always light, been there, done that.

Have you tested it for continuity?

I have had a few that looked good as far as the filament goes, but no continuity through it with a multi-meter.

Thanks for responding T/A, I have tested the bulb and even switched it out. I think it's a wiring issue, I had replaced the circuit board as well and problem persists.

When you have fender indicator lights you don't use dash indicators.

Not sure what you mean. Duster, Demon and Dart Sport have both fender and dash indicators, as do 68-70 Charger and other B bodies. It is true of some C bodies with the fender signal indicators - the dash has low fuel and gate open indicators for wagons.

I believe the wire to the dash indicator is the tan wire at the round connector for the dash circuit board.

I don't have those wiring diagrams or a pic of that circuit board. I don't know where wires to the dash indicator bulbs originate. I know majority of dash bulbs get there ground through the circuit attach screws so a stripped or missing screw could be the fault.

Did you check that there is ground to the fender indicator?

-
Back